No announcement yet.

X800 XT - Which brand to get?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the 6800ultra is already equiped with some super loud big ass cooler and they have o/ced it - to 450mhz and it made very little difference. the x800xt pe still won
    eum what are you smoking my friend? The 6800 cooling is very quiet, comparable with the 5950 which was about as loud as the 9800XT. And btw Nvidia seems to be on top atm performance wise. For now that is.. :)

Read: http://www.tweaktown.com/document.ph...Id=657&dPage=1

Now please calm down ppl why act like this damn components were the only important thing in your life? Someone disrespecting ya wife then ok get violent, someone disrespecting ya taste in hardware then just stay cool.. 8)

Comment

lol. the only card that's out is the x800pro. none of the nvidia cards are out. so if u say for now, then that means the x800pro wins, over the 9800xt and the 5950 :P the x800xt pe's and 6800ultra's performance is almost the same, except that the x800xt pe wins in most game benchmarks and the 6800 ultra wins in stuff like 3dmark. i'd say the real gaming performance is more important, so the 6800ultra is basicly slower than the x800, takes up 2 slots, requires a 480w psu if u have a modern cpu, and loud - u probobly just don't hear the card over then noise of all the other stuff in your comp. it's comparing the cards directly that counts, and there the x800xt pe wins. not that anybody cares though :P

Comment

hehe........and stuck w/ 24 bit and no rest of direct x and no shader 3.0......not that at this very moment it wouldn't suffice, yet, when you think about it, that hey, what if that stuff will become important.........considering, it doubles the performance of a 9800xt.......the cpu also is a bottleneck in even maxing these cards out.........so why buy a card twice?.....far cry is distributing a patch for shader 3.0 and 32 bit currently...........don't let power supplies and two slot get in the way.......i believe they will come out with a cost concious version with all the bells and whistles, called the GT to compete with the x800 that won't need a power supply upgrade......this is the nv 45 chip dumbed down .......wait until they let this thing out of its cage

Comment

Originally posted by fanboy
          over the 9800xt and the 5950
          Hey I just mentioned the fact that the 6800ultra beats the x800pro in the review above, in the real world benchmarks as well as most of the others. This using beta drivers, It'l probably perform even better when the official ones are released.. :thumb:

quote:"There is no denying that both of these cards are extremely fast. The question we are wondering though is which one is faster; in all honesty it would have to be the GeForce 6800 Ultra as it comes out in front of most of the benchmarks."

As for your comment on the loudness, man I don't know were you got this from, it's no louder than the other high end cards. :)

480W Psu? lol throw in a brand 400-430W psu with your new card and it'l be plenty.. Just look at it this way, If building a modern pc but with a x800pro/xt card instead, would you chose a smaller psu? :rolleyes2

It's just a matter of taste really, PS3.0 support might be sweet to have though as theres rumors about a patch beeing released for far cry, but also several other new games is on their way this year utilizing this new feature which Ati's cards won't support.

I'm not a fanboy towards NVidia but it really pisses me of when ppl post crap and false "knowledge" about products they don't really now much about. So you like ATI we get the picture, so do I and I own some of their products, they are great just as NVidias.

Comment

Originally posted by The__tweaker
            Originally posted by fanboy
            over the 9800xt and the 5950
            Hey I just mentioned the fact that the 6800ultra beats the x800pro in the review above, in the real world benchmarks as well as most of the others. This using beta drivers, It'l probably perform even better when the official ones are released.. :thumb:

quote:"There is no denying that both of these cards are extremely fast. The question we are wondering though is which one is faster; in all honesty it would have to be the GeForce 6800 Ultra as it comes out in front of most of the benchmarks."

As for your comment on the loudness, man I don't know were you got this from, it's no louder than the other high end cards. :)

480W Psu? lol throw in a brand 400-430W psu with your new card and it'l be plenty.. Just look at it this way, If building a modern pc but with a x800pro/xt card instead, would you chose a smaller psu? :rolleyes2

It's just a matter of taste really, PS3.0 support might be sweet to have though as theres rumors about a patch beeing released for far cry, but also several other new games is on their way this year utilizing this new feature which Ati's cards won't support.

I'm not a fanboy towards NVidia but it really pisses me of when ppl post crap and false "knowledge" about products they don't really now much about. So you like ATI we get the picture, so do I and I own some of their products, they are great just as NVidias.
            what exactly is this "false knowledge"? I'm just saying what i read in reviews, not that i really know if it's true or not. I might not be a hardware reviewer but I have read atleast 4-5 reviews / previews of the x800 so I don't know what you're trying to get at with your "don't really know much about" comment. And yes, if i'm building a new system i'll throw in at least a 500w psu even w/ an X800XT PE. but then again most ppl will be ubgrading, not building a new system.

Comment

this is the rub......ati is going to crank in their frame rates........and, had to crank 525 mhz to do it.........so in the articles you read, hey, they win........it's just, ati's card seems maxed out............while the nv40 seems to be dumbed down to 400, but really able to go to who knows? the gt version won't have power supply requirements from what i hear, and will cost out and compete w/x800........but, of course, give you everything missing as well, which might be huge.........so, there you have it.........a 399 card w/out ps needs/all bells and whistles/who cares if it's a few frames less than double that of a 9800xt whew! it has everything you may need while you're still waiting on upgrading your processor, because, it now becomes the bottleneck.............i hear they got some extra 60 or so more frames from using a fx 53 chip, if you can fathom that...........then, upgrade to a pci express version when it becomes necessary.......which by the way is this exact same chip with a pci express bridge 2x agp

Comment

Originally posted by JSR
                this is the rub......ati is going to crank in their frame rates........and, had to crank 525 mhz to do it.........so in the articles you read, hey, they win........it's just, ati's card seems maxed out............while the nv40 seems to be dumbed down to 400, but really able to go to who knows? the gt version won't have power supply requirements from what i hear, and will cost out and compete w/x800........but, of course, give you everything missing as well, which might be huge.........so, there you have it.........a 399 card w/out ps needs/all bells and whistles/who cares if it's a few frames less than double that of a 9800xt whew! it has everything you may need while you're still waiting on upgrading your processor, because, it now becomes the bottleneck.............i hear they got some extra 60 or so more frames from using a fx 53 chip, if you can fathom that...........then, upgrade to a pci express version when it becomes necessary.......which by the way is this exact same chip with a pci express bridge 2x agp
                and where exactly are u getting this information that 400mhz is dumped down? the only thing ive heard is that some cards will be shipping at 450mhz, and from reviews it hardly made a difference.

Comment

all i mean is this........the chip on any 6800 is the nv 45 without the pci xpress bridge .....i think they can crank this chip all they want........yes they are starting @ 400........and some EE models @ 450 that i don't think will even hit the shelves........they got ati to show their hand w/24 bit/ no complete dx9 /maxed mhz card.....but it does crank fps......nvidia's gt version will compete w/ the low end ati x800 but again, with everything included........all that shows me is that nvidia is sitting on a untapped powerhouse that ati is going to have to scramble to stay with.......think of it, ati offering the rest of dx9/shader 3.0/and 32 bit with one caveat......500 bucks please, again.......i have no doubt ati isn't going down without a fight, but, hey, right now, if i had to decide, it would be the 6800 GT no power requirements single slot as a behind the curve card for releatively, cough, cheap starting card waiting on the necessary upgrades to my cpu/motherboard/ when pci xpress becomes viable.

Comment

Originally posted by JSR
                    all i mean is this........the chip on any 6800 is the nv 45 without the pci xpress bridge .....i think they can crank this chip all they want........yes they are starting @ 400........and some EE models @ 450 that i don't think will even hit the shelves........they got ati to show their hand w/24 bit/ no complete dx9 /maxed mhz card.....but it does crank fps......nvidia's gt version will compete w/ the low end ati x800 but again, with everything included........all that shows me is that nvidia is sitting on a untapped powerhouse that ati is going to have to scramble to stay with.......think of it, ati offering the rest of dx9/shader 3.0/and 32 bit with one caveat......500 bucks please, again.......i have no doubt ati isn't going down without a fight, but, hey, right now, if i had to decide, it would be the 6800 GT no power requirements single slot as a behind the curve card for releatively, cough, cheap starting card waiting on the necessary upgrades to my cpu/motherboard/ when pci xpress becomes viable.
                    the chip isnt the nv 45. afaik the only thing the bridge does is to allow AGP cards to work with PCI E - no performance increase :roll: WTF are u talking about with 24 bit and no complete DX9 support?

And can u plz stop writing like **** and posting bull ****?

Comment

ok, i've had it trying to help a name calling dufus......i've provided the links to corroborate (geforce 6800 vs platinum pro).....my information is provided to everyone else that understands but you......and who cares if you don't get it......do your homework before you start slinging hash

Comment

Originally posted by JSR
                        ok, i've had it trying to help a name calling dufus......i've provided the links to corroborate (geforce 6800 vs platinum pro).....my information is provided to everyone else that understands but you......and who cares if you don't get it......do your homework before you start slinging hash
                        and where exactly are those links?

Comment

i put it in parenthesis....look for that thread, first page, 1/3 way up from bottom.....

Comment

i dont see any links. i only see u calling me an idiot.

Comment

i apologize if i did, i do come on a bit strong @ times..........but, it wasn't meant just or you if it was plural.........now, back to the links...7 links from the bottom/14 from top geforce 6800 ultra vs platinum pro thread

Comment

ok so ur talking about the 6800GT links. im on a completely different subject here.

Comment

Working...
                                X