Still looking for a new video card...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Radicus
    LoL, can't we all just get along?? No seroiusly, will a 5700u with DDR3 smoke a 5700u with DDR2? How much of a performance increase could one expect?
    Here try this..http://techreport.com/reviews/2004q1...3/index.x?pg=1
    The card with gddr3 has a higher bandwidth peak..but barely..and it does have advantages over the one without gddr3.
    After reading the article..and seeing that he uses a SHIET load of power and gives little to a disadvantage against the normal card..i just reconmend you going for a 9600 pro/xt...but if you want nvidia..even though there programmable shaders aren't good with the fx line cards...then go with a 5900xt which is a budget version..or a 5900 lx version from leadtek and flash it to a 5950. But i would definitely go with the ati if you plan on playing future games...Unless you plan on buying the fx6800..which is "suppose" to be fixed and kicking ass. But i reconmend 9600xt/pro, 9700 pro..which are cheap now, or a 9800np...which are also cheap. Well atleast to me...TEll me what you think.
    GPU reviews, news and features, created for the hardcore PC enthusiast by the experts at Tom's Hardware.
    CPU: Opteron 165 @ 311x9 - 2817.8 mhz - 1.47v
    Mobo: Abit KN8-SLI
    RAM: 2x512 Crucial Ballistic Tracers500 @ 202 mhz 2-2-2-5 T1
    GFX: Asus EAX1950pro @ 648/1408
    PSU: Thermaltake 500w
    SC: Audigy 2 zs
    LCD: 22' Samsung 225bw
    Speakers: Klipsch ProMedia 5.1 Ultra
    Mouse: Logitech G5

Comment

Originally posted by tacos4me
      Make fun of someone? i had no intention...
      Ok, well whats this?

Living being a dumb ass trying to give people half ass advice....
      And I dont really see why everyone likes the name "Ati-fanboy" on me so much. I use just as many Nvidia cards as Ati, only I think Ati has the better cards right now.

I am just curious..your post are so vague..be more describtive..
      I'm stupuid.. :wink: you dont need to be the greatest typer for what i do..

EDIT: and dont mistake my tone..there isnt any/
      And I would like it if you would really stop riding my ass so much.. :no:
      Hm...ok..sorry about that name then..but it is true in some matter...i am some what a nvidia fan-boy..but i have a ati because it is the best card in the market right now. And about soyoman..that guy had no clue wtf he was talking about..so he deserves it. So i will stop riding your ass even though it is so comfortable. btw how old are you? :cheers:
      Mouse: Logitech G5

Comment

Hm...ok..sorry about that name then..but it is true in some matter...i am some what a nvidia fan-boy..but i have a ati because it is the best card in the market right now. And about soyoman..that guy had no clue wtf he was talking about..so he deserves it. So i will stop riding your ass even though it is so comfortable.
        haa..its ok buddy..and i sorry too :)

btw how old are you?[/

Comment

OK...since we got that cleared..moving on now. :cheers: