radeon 9000pro lockup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by drets
    If I understand correctly, I'll need to start from scratch by formatting (erasing everything) and doing a straight install of Win 2000?
    Stop beating around the bush and reformat the thing already. And use metric, the rest of the world does. We are trying to help, but having to do temp conversions is a deterent.
    athlon xp-m@2456mhz(12x204)
    tt aquariusII liquid cooled/ arctic silver ceramique
    asus a7n8xe-dlx
    thermaltake xaserIII lanfire
    bfg 6800gt
    seagate sataII 250gb/seagate 7200rpm 160gb ide
    samsung dvdrw
    2x1024 kingston hyper-x pc3200/ windows xp pro sp3
    logitech mx518/ logitech wingman rumble
    2x samsung 955df 19"/ canon i960
    creative x-fi fatal1ty 64mb/ altec lansing 251-5.1
    mushkin 550w

opteron 146 @ 2850 (10x285)
    DFI infinity nf4 ultra
    thermaltake tsunami dream -black
    seagate sataII 500gb
    evga 8600gt oc ssc edition
    samsung sata dvd-rw
    2x1024 ocz black
    logitech ifeel/ nec accusync 75f
    ocz fatal1ty 550w

Comment

Ok, ok. I'm planning to do the reformat. The driver cleaner didn't change anything. I changed the cpu fan and the temp dropped to about 45C (no load), but lockup as usual. It looks like the chipset heatsink is glued on, so I didn't want to force it off to install a chip set fan (temps running around 23C noload). I am also planning to buy a case that has case fans.

I'm lazy at heart (although I've done a ton of extra work trying to avoid a reformat), but I've resigned myself to reformatting and reloading everything.

Comment

I reformated the hd and re-installed win2000. I installed sp4. I installed the latest 4in1 drivers. I installed the latest ATI and soundblaster drivers.

I reinstalled Generals and zerohour. I installed the latest patches.

Now when I start zerohour, the screen goes black before the EA screen, but I can hear the program startup sounds. Then the computer freezes after the intro movies.

What do I try now?

Comment

Working...
        X