Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ATI 9500 Pro Overclocking Boot Disk Help PLEASE!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ATI 9500 Pro Overclocking Boot Disk Help PLEASE!

Hello, sorry to waste your time.

I've been reading up on overclocking my ATI Radeon 9500 Pro (128mb) and I know I need to flash my cards BIOS. I have all the needed stuff to do this. But I dont have a floppy drive.

I have gone to Bootdisk.com, and many other places to try and find help on creating a bootable CD. I am getting nowhere with it. I have wasted 4 CDr's.

If you could PLEASE give me step-by-step instructions and links to files I will be needing that would be WONDERFUL! And yes I even read the post on this, and yet again, it got me nowhere.

My System:
    Intel Pentium 4 2.4GHz
    Windows XP Pro SP1
    512 DDR Ram (333)
    ATI Radeon 9500 Pro 128mb.
    (Videocard may be a sapphire because I got the sapphire driver disk with it. But the heat sink is different from the Sapphire ones I have seen.)

You can ICQ me at: 57946413
    MSN: [email protected]
    E-Mail: [email protected]

And I will be on here looking for replies on this.

Okay, I got that issue figured out.
    My Radeon 9500 Pro 128 is clocked at 335.25/297.

I hear they can goto 350/315 but I put the memory any higher it puts crazy lines on my desktop until I restart. If you have info on this please reply.

ALSO! Do I need to increase voltage to the video card for better stability or anything? It's at the default right now. HELP IS APPRECIATED!

Comment

whether its a GPU or CPU the higher the OC the more juice it needs to work....kick it up a notch and see if that fixes your problem.....OCing is all about trial and error....

what kind of board are you runnin?

Comment

im runnin on a

Gigabyte GA-8IPE1000 Pro
        Intel 865PE chipset
        4 ddr400 dual channel (im running 333 single channel)
        SATA/Intel Lan
        Dual Bios

im running at 512 fsb

Comment

Originally posted by gar187er
          whether its a GPU or CPU the higher the OC the more juice it needs to work....kick it up a notch and see if that fixes your problem.....OCing is all about trial and error....

what kind of board are you runnin?
          You can not just "up" the voltage to an AGP slot, nor do you do not want to do voltage mods on your AGP slot, its very trickey and you can screw your mobo and vid card up seriously. Dont listen to him.

The lines you are seeing are called artifiacts. They are due to the memory getting too hot. Are you using stock cooling? If so, you might want to add some RAM sinks to the card to push it higher. Same for the GPU, you might want to look into getting a better cooler for that if its stock so you can push the card higher.

: peace2: Mista K6

Comment

Thanks for the info.

Is there any certain fan/sink I should get for my Radeon 9500 Pro? (128mb)

Really.. Thanks alot!

Comment

Working...
            X