Graphic problem of sorts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Graphic problem of sorts

Okay my friend built me a great computer w/ new parts and all and i wanted to see how it would rank up but everytime i try to do something graphic intensive such as Max payne 2, or 3dmark03 it will run for a while then all of a sudden the graphics will glitch up and the whole computer will freeze ....i've updated the video card drivers and i downloaded the chipset drivers off my motherboard website....i dont know what else to try any one have any suggestions?

Heres my specs:
    Aopen mx4spe Max motherboard
    1 gig corsair ram
    2 dvd drives
    Radeon 9800 pro
    ...the rest doesnt really matter

any help would be greatly appreciated

Overheating? Weak PSU?

Comment

Well I can't find an AOpen MX4SPE Max mobo but I can find an AX4SPE but it sounds like either your case has an airflow or power prob or ya ya havin' a driver/software prob so can ya give us a link to ya case plus what case fan configuration is in place and PSU ratin' plus are ya usin' Windows XP? :?:

Comment

Do you have seperate power going to that r9800pro?
        athlon xp-m@2456mhz(12x204)
        tt aquariusII liquid cooled/ arctic silver ceramique
        asus a7n8xe-dlx
        thermaltake xaserIII lanfire
        bfg 6800gt
        seagate sataII 250gb/seagate 7200rpm 160gb ide
        samsung dvdrw
        2x1024 kingston hyper-x pc3200/ windows xp pro sp3
        logitech mx518/ logitech wingman rumble
        2x samsung 955df 19"/ canon i960
        creative x-fi fatal1ty 64mb/ altec lansing 251-5.1
        mushkin 550w

opteron 146 @ 2850 (10x285)
        DFI infinity nf4 ultra
        thermaltake tsunami dream -black
        seagate sataII 500gb
        evga 8600gt oc ssc edition
        samsung sata dvd-rw
        2x1024 ocz black
        logitech ifeel/ nec accusync 75f
        ocz fatal1ty 550w

Comment

ah crap sorry for typo yes i do have an AX4SPE MAX motherboard....here is the case i have, but i swapped out hte PSU from a 350 to a 400

the temp gauge that came w/ my comp says the highest that my comp has ever hit was 96.4 F....

thx for the help

and yes i'm using Windows XP home edition

Comment

So there is a power wire connected to the video card?
            What brand is the PSU and do ya have a link for it?
            Also check the Event Viewer (Control Panel/Admin Tools) and see if there are any red flagged errors logged under Applications and/or System.

Comment

its a compusa 400 watt psu...dunno which one.... and yes the psu is connected to the vid card....the fan on the vid card is running but my vid card is still a little hot to the touch....does this mean i should get another fan and mayb that'll fix it?

Comment

Did ya check out the Event Viewer? :?:

Comment

"The driver ati2dvag for the display device \Device\Video0 got stuck in an infinite loop. This usually indicates a problem with the device itself or with the device driver programming the hardware incorrectly. Please check with your hardware device vendor for any driver updates."

This is the only one i found but it only showed up once whereas this crash has happened atleast five times already so i dunno

Comment

Working...
                  X