How to overclock video card?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to overclock video card?

How can I over clock my video card to run 1st person shooter games online smooth or not sure how to say it with better quality without having much lag (battlefield1942)

O/S: Win XP home edition

card: all-in-wonder Radeon 7500

processor: x86 family 6 model 8 stepping 1 authenticAMD ~1998mhz

BIOS version: Phoenix Technologies. LTD 3.0.,

SMBIOS version: 2.2

Physical memory: 512 mb

virtual memory: 1.30 GB

I'm not sure what info is needed but I included those if that helps any. Or is there any tweaks that I can do to game better. Non Comp litterate so I may be using the wrong words or explaining it unusual, basically I'd like to run the best performance possible when playing that game is there a way to do that?

www.guru3d.com download rage3d, radlinker or other ati programs. But i suggest you not overclock unless you have a good cooling hsf on that card.
    CPU: Opteron 165 @ 311x9 - 2817.8 mhz - 1.47v
    Mobo: Abit KN8-SLI
    RAM: 2x512 Crucial Ballistic Tracers500 @ 202 mhz 2-2-2-5 T1
    GFX: Asus EAX1950pro @ 648/1408
    PSU: Thermaltake 500w
    SC: Audigy 2 zs
    LCD: 22' Samsung 225bw
    Speakers: Klipsch ProMedia 5.1 Ultra
    Mouse: Logitech G5

Comment

I don't know what you're expecting to happen when you overclock that card, but you're not going to get much better performance. The card is just getting old and falling behind in technology. Time for an upgrade...

Comment

Originally posted by Beefy
        I don't know what you're expecting to happen when you overclock that card, but you're not going to get much better performance. The card is just getting old and falling behind in technology. Time for an upgrade...
        Beefy is right, but zep might not beable to afford the upgrade. So if you have $$ upgrade, if not then overclock that card to its limits.
        CPU: Opteron 165 @ 311x9 - 2817.8 mhz - 1.47v
        Mobo: Abit KN8-SLI
        RAM: 2x512 Crucial Ballistic Tracers500 @ 202 mhz 2-2-2-5 T1
        GFX: Asus EAX1950pro @ 648/1408
        PSU: Thermaltake 500w
        SC: Audigy 2 zs
        LCD: 22' Samsung 225bw
        Speakers: Klipsch ProMedia 5.1 Ultra
        Mouse: Logitech G5

Comment

Well, that card could probably handle BF1942 on low settings, but if you're going to keep gaming, look into an upgrade, as beefy mentioned. The tech in that card is just too old for overclocking to show a big improvement in modern games. There are many new cards out now that go for a good price and offer great performance, like the Ati 9600Pro for $150usd. Post a thread in the "What should I buy?" forum if you want more suggestions. : peace2: Mista K6

Comment

Originally posted by Mista K6
            Well, that card could probably handle BF1942 on low : peace2: Mista K6
            I had a Radeon 7200 with a P4 1.4 GHZ CPU system and it played BF 1942 at a low setting, it was a little jerky at times though. Combined with the faster AMD CPU like he has and the 512mb Ram opposed to my 256mb, I'd have guessed that R 7500 should be just enough to get rid of the bumps with that game.

Comment

thank you all for your help im going to upgrade my video card, being non comp person that just likes to enjoy playing I didnt know this card stinks, getting another is no problem at all.

Comment

it's not that it stinks, it's just getting old and the performance increase, especially for today's gaming, isn't going to be very helpful...

Comment

I see, it does allow me for that game without lag and I can host 64 players coop so its not that bad but the settings on the video are all set low, just wanted to see some great explosions and land lay out :P

Comment

Working...
                  X