No announcement yet.

fan fell off my 5900

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the Ram is stable at like 680.. but i Want more.. ANd i know it's due to cooliung issues.
    Well, a fan on the GPU doesnt affect ram that much. You might just want to purchase some copper ramsinks. And thats quite a jump from 600 to 680 for ram anyway. Like my card will only go 50 Mhz over retail memory clock speed. It really depends on your card. So I dont tnk you could get that much more out of your ram anyway. Althought that HSF that Soulburner is using would help your GPU clocks speeds a lot.:cheers:

Comment

Well I have my PRO like 4 MHZ from XT speeds.. The only problem I am running into.. is that the core get's too hot.. Then my card crashes.. the Ati's VPU recover.. recovers it.. imagine trying to play Unreal Tournament 2003.. and it constantly crashing on you.

Comment

408mhz core and crashing, you must have extremely poor cooling. Most of the cards will run artifact free from 440-480 core stable with decent air cooling.

Mine didn't gain much....from 535 to 545 core.

The ramsinks took me from 965 to 985 though (effective), or 482 to 492.

Remember though ATI cores do NOT have an IHS and you would have to implement another method of attaching the heatsink. A popular method is drilling holes through the heatsink in each corner that match up with the pre-made holes on the card.

Comment

I'm running it stable at 496MHz (core) I have no clue where you got 408 from.

Comment

Originally posted by sepherum2ya
            Well I have my PRO like 4 MHZ from XT
            ??

XT core is 412mhz...

Comment

XT Core on 90% of cards is at 500MHz

Comment

hey does anyone know where i can get one of those thermaltake giant 3s? I can only find the 2's.

Comment

Originally posted by sepherum2ya
                  XT Core on 90% of cards is at 500MHz
                  Are you talking about a 9600 or a 9800??

Comment

On a 9600 XT the retail speeds are 500/600 (300Mhz effective). And I have mine overclocked to 580/640. :cheers:

Comment

Originally posted by Soulburner
                      Are you talking about a 9600 or a 9800??
                      if you look at his sig, i think it's a safe bet he's talking about the 9600s...

Comment

tacos4me
                        Do you have stock cooling on your card?? I have a sapphire version 256 and can only reach 550/640

Comment

haha ok im not sure if you guys still care at this point but thankfully i got my card working again with virtually no problems. I scraped off the gluey mess that was originally on the card/fan and put on some new thermal paste and somehow got the fan mounted back on. After running 3dmark03 once from running idle for a while i was up to a temp of 57. How does that compare to yours Soulburner?

Comment

Around the same as mine, and it idles at 30c usually at 545/985.

Comment

ok mine idles at around 40 but i guess thats to be expected with stock cooling compared to your sweet engineering. :thumb:

but wow you can crank that thing, i can only get mine up to 535/ 965 in 3dmark, but in Knights of the Old Republic i get graphics lock ups with anything above 500/950 :thumbs do

Comment

That's funny, because my clocks were also 535/965 thru 3DMark before this cooling.

Comment

Working...
                                X