Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's the difference between these two cards?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's the difference between these two cards?

1Sapphire Radeon 9800 Pro Retail ($227)

Sapphire Radeon 9800 Pro OEM ($302)

I know the first one is an OEM package and the second one is a retail package, but why the difference in the PCB coloring, and why the 80 dollar price difference? Especially considering the retail package is the one that's cheaper. I'm confused, someone help straighten me out please

Hehe...funny situation, the OEM even has the extra connector to give it juice straight from the PSU, which probably means it has better cooling. I would personally go for the cheaper/better one, but maybe wait for a few more opinions, because maybe I missed something.

Comment

The red one looks a lot like the ATi reference card. They have different power connectors as well. It's a surprise that the Retail is cheaper though..

Comment

OEM=Original Equipment Manufacturer. OEM means that it is a card made from a company(Dell, HP, etc.) who got the specs to make it from ATI. retail is made from ATI. OEM stuff is still good but you don't as good of warranty because they don't use the same parts.

Comment

Originally posted by Cicero
          OEM=Original Equipment Manufacturer. OEM means that it is a card made from a company(Dell, HP, etc.) who got the specs to make it from ATI. retail is made from ATI. OEM stuff is still good but you don't as good of warranty because they don't use the same parts.
          No, OEM means it doesn't come with all of the extras that the Retail does.

Comment

Working...
          X