Please Tell Me Any Good PCI cards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please Tell Me Any Good PCI cards

I know pci cards aren't the greatest but I have no AGP slots. So can someone please recommend a good or the best PCI graphics card out there.

:(

On NewEgg.com

For PCI they only carry
    GeForce 5200 and Radeon 9200SE

I believe the Radeon is the bettor of the two. Though I may be wrong.

Both are Priced ~$70-$100 USD

Here is a good question:

Aren't there MoBo out there that include intigrated graphics on the level of these cards and include an AGP slot for future upgrades? And don't they also cost around $100? Or am I totally out of my tree?

-Smoke

Comment

For $100, you can find a lot of mobos that will give you the AGP slot. You can find some for a lot less, too, depending on what other features you're looking for. If you have the money, or are willing to wait Jag, try upgrading your mobo to one with an AGP slot.

A whole new world of opportunity awaits you there. :D

Comment

I would wait to upgrade, get a PCI-Express mobo when thoes come out:cheers:

Comment

Thanks guys you been a great help. I did see the Radeon 9200se pci but I also found a Radeon 9200 256mb pci card which looked good. But I don't know I will probably end up buying a new mobo.

:thumb:

Comment

From what understand now game in the near future will use 256 MB of vRAM depending on the price difference and how long you intend to use it, it may be a better idea to just go with the 128 MB version and save the money for your next upgrade.

Again, I don't know if someone out there can answer if there are any MoBo's with integrated graphics that match a 9200SE.

I mean it's a 9200 and a SE to boot. There most be a mobo out there that has that intigrated.

Ok, it's 5:30 AM here... need sleep.

Comment

Originally posted by jag2k4
              Thanks guys you been a great help. I did see the Radeon 9200se pci but I also found a Radeon 9200 256mb pci card which looked good. But I don't know I will probably end up buying a new mobo.

:thumb:

I bought a P4 2.4b GHZ Sony Vio system (very cheaply ofcoarse) awhile back and discovered it had no AGP port. The onboard 128 MB graphics card was unbeleivably WORTHLESS. I ended getting a new case, board, and graphics card just to make the system worthy of 3D graphics, I'm afraid you will have to do the same.

I can't beleive companies still put boards without AGP ports on them in systems and try to advertise them as a powerfull 3D graphic systems. I'm just glad I ony paid $100 for the system when the person I bought it from had to dish out almost $1000 for it just a few months earlier.

Comment

I know i got the pc from dell and i didn't mention anything about AGP or PCI slots. I just bought it thinking that it would have AGP slots. And the pc is so up-to-date I just can't believe it.

Comment

Originally posted by jag2k4
                  I know i got the pc from dell and i didn't mention anything about AGP or PCI slots. I just bought it thinking that it would have AGP slots. And the pc is so up-to-date I just can't believe it.
                  SEND IT BACK! If you still can. I'm afraid it's pratically worthless if you do alot of video gaming. Probably the only thing salvagable is the CPU and heatsink, Disk drives, and maybe the system ram if your lucky but I'm guessing they used the cheap stuff there also.

Comment

Working...
                  X