Sapphire Radeon 9800 Pro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sapphire Radeon 9800 Pro

I've been looking on newegg for a Sapphire 9800 Pro, but the product images for some of the cards show red PCB and others show blue PCB. It doesn't really matter, but I thought all sapphire cards were blue PCB (to go with the name Sapphire...). Was I wrong in thinking that, or does newegg just not have pictures for every single sapphire card and decided to use ATi cards? Someone let me know, please.

Sometimes Newegg can post the wrong picture, or they do not have a picture of the actaul product. Did you try looking at the sapphire site? :confused:
    CPU: Opteron 165 @ 311x9 - 2817.8 mhz - 1.47v
    Mobo: Abit KN8-SLI
    RAM: 2x512 Crucial Ballistic Tracers500 @ 202 mhz 2-2-2-5 T1
    GFX: Asus EAX1950pro @ 648/1408
    PSU: Thermaltake 500w
    SC: Audigy 2 zs
    LCD: 22' Samsung 225bw
    Speakers: Klipsch ProMedia 5.1 Ultra
    Mouse: Logitech G5

Comment

Sapphire is a manufacturer of ATI's cards.

They are always the red reference design unless it is their black version, which is really a 9700 PCB.

The black version is cheaper but is 1-5% behind the real version at the same clocks.

Comment

They're red.

Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
        My Toys

Comment

Originally posted by Darthtanion
          Sorry Darth but I installed one into a PC not a month ago and it was black instead of red though the box and software bundle was the same as the red board (even my Sapphire R9600P is black but I've handled red ones as well). :shrug:

I've yet to see a blue PCB though. :?:

Comment

It was a dark PCB, I've never seen one up close, only pictures and I assumed that it was a dark blueish color since the name is Sapphire.

Comment

Originally posted by Wiggo
              Sorry Darth but I installed one into a PC not a month ago and it was black instead of red though the box and software bundle was the same as the red board (even my Sapphire R9600P is black but I've handled red ones as well). :shrug:
              Hmmm... I guess Soulburner may be onto something. The 9800 Pro I received from Sapphire for testing was red, though. :?:
              Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
              My Toys

Comment

It could be that Sapphire is bein' supplied PCB's by 2 different companies as well and they wouldn't be the first.

Comment

Its supposed to be their own design, a way to put a cheaper card.

Comment

Working...
                  X