Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PCI-E compatable with today's PCI?

Just to ask...

I have a computer that has no AGP slots!!! Even though my computer is the latest around. Anyway i was just wandering does this mean that a pci express graphics card will fit into my normal pci slot?
    :shrug:

Originally posted by jag2k4
    Just to ask...

I have a computer that has no AGP slots!!! Even though my computer is the latest around. Anyway i was just wandering does this mean that a pci express graphics card will fit into my normal pci slot?
    :shrug:
    in a word? no

Comment

Damn!!! Well thanks minibubba

I dont know why but for some reason my games slow down a lot. I have the latest drivers for my Geforce FX 5200 64mb PCI. Can you give any tips to speed them up?

Comment

a new graphics card.

Comment

split this from the other thread to avoid getting it off subject.

Like Fatguy3 said, you need a better video card. The 5200 is a budget card in every way. It would also help a great deal to get a better motherboard that has AGP.

Comment

Yes to get better video performance ya goin' to have to replace that mobo for one with an AGP slot but dependin' on what other hardware that ya have there a whole new system maybe a better course of action.

Comment

All my other hardware is fine I got a

Pentium 4 2.8ghz
              512mb ram
              80gb hard drive 7200rpm
              Direct X 9.0b (if it makes a differance)
              Geforce FX 5200 64mb PCI

I got the computer from Dell. It runs games like Vice City and Unreal Tournmant 2003 fine. But games like Halo run crap. The graphics card as T&L and Vertex Shader 2.0 and Pixel Shader 2.0. But i dunno. Are Geforce 3's any good since the Xbox has one?:confused:

Comment

One quick question, when I look through my case window, I don't see my DirectX 9.0b, can you tell me where to look??(jk (:)

Well, I would definitely advise you to get a new mobo, because when I ran a PCI card with much higher clock specs than a 9200 my friend had on an identical system, his was clearly performing much better. His clock speeds were around 200 for core/mem, and mine were much closer to 300(can't remember exact clocks), so think about that.:thumb:

Comment

Direct X 9.0b are drivers for windows. Some games such as Halo need it to run. You cant see it inside your base unit. You just download it from Microsoft.com or something.
                  :)

Comment

Originally posted by jag2k4
                    Direct X 9.0b are drivers for windows. Some games such as Halo need it to run. You cant see it inside your base unit. You just download it from Microsoft.com or something.
                    :)
                    it was a joke (thus the "jk"), i assure you he wasn't serious ;)

anyway, even the agp version of the 5200 is poor for gaming. If you want a gaming PC you are going to have to buy a new AGP video card as well as a motherboard that supports AGP, like I already said.

Comment

Yeah I know the jk thing (just being sarcastic). I do want to upgrade. One time I built my own computer (big mistake) when I turned it on a firey smell came of it so I took it to the shop to get it repaired and they said it melted. So from my experiance I will not be installing any hardware soon.

Just for no reason what so ever, have any of you's downloaded any tech demos from nvidia. I think there class. I diffenitely recommend the chameleon one.

Heres a pic...

Sorry can't get pic to work.

:cry:

Comment

please use the edit button next time, it's there for a reason.

we know there's a problem with uploads, it seems to be a bit hit or miss lately.

Comment

Yo does anyone know what specs the E3 version of Half Life 2 were running at? Cause if I knew I could upgrade to that spec.
                          :cool:

And if possible could someone also tell me what Doom 3 was running on.

Comment

If ya case is a proper midi-tower and not one of those slimline ones then an ASUS P4P800 mobo with an R9600P or FX5700U or higher spec'd video card should do ya but if ya not sure about ya case then supply us with a link to your particular model Dell.

Comment

My pc was on offer so its hard to find try www.dell.co.uk and go to the desktop section then go to Dell Dimension 2400. It should tell you info on it there.

Comment

Working...
                              X