5900 Ultra Flickering Problems....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by THEHUNTED
    do a goggle search on beta cards by nvida...there you'll see serverial sights pop up that are foriegn that talks about the 5960 ....(they supposidly left the cards out longer over there before recalling them.)
    Was done b4 I asked you for a link.

Comment

^^

:2cents:

Comment

Hey guys,...
        that dude is right when he mentioned about the 9700 pro beating the 5900 ultra in some tests. i saw the comparison on tech tv's extended play. the 5900 ultra got beat on more than one occasion...( i'm not taking sides because i have a 5900 ultra too) also nvidia did produce a 5960 ultra.. but it was discontinued . pc computing did a article on it last month. it was supposed to be the next radeon killer but the video card had a serious heat flaw. nvidia had a booth at the last e3 show which they displayed the card.
        -peace

Comment

True , tRUE...HE'S RIGHT
          THE 9700 DID BEAT THE 5900 ULTRA IN SOME BENCH MARKS ...
          NOT BY MUCH THOUGH ...I THINK IT WAS LIKE 5 OR 6 FPS..
          BUT STILL...LOL A 9700 PRO?
          THAT 5960 ULTRA YOU GUYS WAS TALKNIG ABOUT WAS A SCREW UP BY NVIDIA...I READ ABOUT IT IN MAC ADDICK.

Comment

HERE'S YOUR PROOF NON- BELIEVERS..... READ WHAT JHON CARMACK IS SAYING ABOUT THE 5950 COMPARED TO THE 9700 PRO RUNNING DOOM 3. Carmack sounds off on GeForce FX

Comment

didn't your mama's ever teach you two that typing in all CAPS is considered RUDE and SHOUTING :no:

Comment

Originally posted by THEHUNTED
                Funny that as the link takes me to a short news article on Doom3 an it and the two links off it only compare the R9700P to the FX5800U and no mention of the FX5950U, let alone the FX5900U, could I find but,....

if some ppl can't refrain from shouting then this thread will be closed.

Comment

These are proven scores reacheable from a MSI 5950 with 256mb memory. 6,128 in 3dmark03 and 4.179 with high settings.

These are proven reacheable scores from 9800XT radeon with 128mb memory. 6,372 in 3dmark03 and 4,050 with high settings.

SO IS THE 9700 APPRAENTLY USING FASTER CHIPS THAN THE 9800 CARDS?
                  THESE TEST SCORES ARE PROVEN BY COMPUTER SHOPPER

NUFF SAID PPL

Comment

Originally posted by jamie_horwood
                    These are proven scores reacheable from a MSI 5950 with 256mb memory. 6,128 in 3dmark03 and 4.179 with high settings.

These are proven reacheable scores from 9800XT radeon with 128mb memory. 6,372 in 3dmark03 and 4,050 with high settings.

SO IS THE 9700 APPRAENTLY USING FASTER CHIPS THAN THE 9800 CARDS?
                    THESE TEST SCORES ARE PROVEN BY COMPUTER SHOPPER

NUFF SAID PPL
                    The 9800 reaches much higher speeds than the 9700 Pros.

And they both use the same memory chips. Only the XT is different.

And BTW.....my 5950U scores 7,281 in 3DMark03 in case you missed it...

Comment

ya see.. with the right guy, the right tools, the right settings and tweaks. see what you can achieve. give the nasdaq some credit or umm Nvidia.

can i ask you a Q Soul quickly....thankyou

:)

Im looking to upgrade to the 5900 - 5950 series but i don't know whether to go for the 128 or 256mb of either of these versions. Im looking for manufacturers that use the fastest mem chips or highest benchmarks.. or is there not much difference in performance between them?

or am i just too much of a fussy idiot. but surely if you want the best quality then you look for the highest grade.

Comment

Well the 9800XT is the #1 video card in the world when it comes to pure power, it is occupying all of the top 5 spots in 3DMark03 right now (9800+ points, nearing 10k).

I would look at the 128mb cards.

Comment

Soul could you give me any tips please since i know you you are xpert and really good at getting the most marks from your hardware especially graphics cards to get the best possible marks. or tips from anyone else appreciated im still running free download version of 2001se from mad onion. if i bought the full version does it enhance testing marks with more levels.
                          ti4600
                          53.03 drivers forceware(do settings in here need changing?)
                          xp pro build 2600 sp1 with micrsoft critical patches and some patches for xp ?
                          new disk partition an format
                          new xp install
                          latest a7n8x drivers
                          switching xp to best performance and changing to classic look.
                          i can't run at full CPU speed yet till i downgrade to 3200 mem as comp restarts or crashes when i change the PT timings for this 3700 which is a pain
                          Ive tried msconfig to switch off all running programs but what other xp services do i need to shut down in task manager?
                          my temps are cool enough cpu 32 mobo 23 with case door attached
                          do i need to run in resolutions lower tha 1024.
                          What changes in the BIOS can i change?
                          Are there any other hidden solutions or solutions that pass me by which could boost my performance marks?
                          ive tried most of these configurations but the marks just do not seem to go up im stuck with the 11 0dd thousand marks in my spec below. what am i doin wrong. ive even cable tied the best i can

Comment

First off, you do not need to buy the full version. Your score is only made up of the performance of the 4 game tests (Car Chase, Dragothic, Lobby, and Nature).

If you want the most performance in this benchmark you will need to use an older driver. 40.72 and 42.51 are the best choices for your card and will be much faster than 53.03 (in this benchmark).

You don't need to downgrade your memory...right now it is running at PC3200 speed (200mhz) since your processor's FSB is 200.

Get this and check out your specs, see what RAM timings you are currently running.

Comment

How did i possibly skip past this thread? pretty interesting. I say the Mods are currently in the lead :hammer:

Comment

Im thinking. Is it a worthwhile upgrade to the 9800 XT as it uses the slower ddr1 memory and higher geometry rates. Isn't the 9800 pro 256 with ddr2 memory capable of higher overclocking with the faster memory technology than the ddr pro 9800 256. if the XT has been tuned to higher clock rates already which it has - does this mean we won't be able to overclock the card much more. or would the 9800 pro 256 with ddr2 memory be capable of approaching the 9800 pro 256 clock speeds and outperforming in overclocking?

Comment

Working...
                                X