performance after bios mod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• performance after bios mod

Hey guys, after modding my bios to bring it up to a 5950u, ive noticed that at speeds that i overclocked it as a 5900 i get lower scores now that ive modded. I am able to overclock it higher and get higher scores than before but how come at the lower clocks that i used to have its not as fast?

It may have something to so with the hacked BIOS for the video board, but I don't know for sure. But as long as the board is putting out better numbers at the speeds you're running at, there is little to worry about. Just make sure board temperatures don't get out of hand and you should be set. :)
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Comment

ok as long as it doesnt start smoking :laugh:

but one thing that ive been noticing when i have been OC'ing it really high is that instead of getting artifacts i have been getting random pauses. Also at heavy loads ive been hitting around 75 degrees, should i start looking into better cooling?

Comment

That's a good thought especially if ya goin' to keep pushin' it.

Comment

Its most likely due to RAM timings.

I never tested mine at the same clocks but at the top end I do score higher than I did before so it was worthwhile.

Comment

yeah i cant really play with the timings due to my OEM mobo... :thumbs do

Comment

He means the ram timings for your video mem. If you flashed it to a 5950U bios that was taken from a card without the exact same mem chips as your 5900, it'll have different timings just like regular ram. This will give you lockups, limit your o/c, etc.

Comment

ohh ok haha : omg:

Comment

Working...
                X