Suites HL2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suites HL2

Which card you think is the minimum for running HL2 at good FPS. I haven't bought my parts yet I was just wondering.

hard to say since the game hasn't been released yet.

however, tell us how much you're willing to spend and we can get you a good estimate :)

Comment

About 300.

Comment

ATI 9800 pro would be a nice one...although its just a little bit more expensive than 300 (in euros that is)
        cheapest one is 299, but add 12-15 euros for transport costs

Comment

And you know that he lives in Europe, dawizza?

Yeah, a 9800 Pro 128 would be the best choice, though if you're willing to spend a little extra for a 9800 XT, it'd be worth it, especially if you don't want to do any overclocking or anything.

Comment

Originally posted by SearanoX
            since he has "a state" as his local I think it's safe to assume wer are talking US$ here. So, assuming that, I would say get the 9800 pro; you should be able to find one for that amount of money.

-or-

you could just wait till HL2 is released and see some real-world benchmarks to determine what is the right card for you. It will probably be serveral months still before it is released.

:cheers:

Comment

Last ETA I saw being spread around the net was September... so keep waiting.

Comment

ETA? Also in the other fourms I saw something about soft modding. What exatly is that?

Comment

ETA - Estimated Time of Arrival.

Comment

Originally posted by SearanoX
                    nope I don't :P

but, even if he doesn't, prices don't vary that much...even is he/she is in the states, most of the time everything is cheaper there

anyway...if you only want the card to be able to play HL2, wait for the game to come out as advised
                    prices might have dropped somewhat already then :)

Comment

Working...
                    X