Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How long does ATI and nVidia make AGP vid cards?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How long does ATI and nVidia make AGP vid cards?

I was here wondering that will ATI and nVidia quit manufacturing of the AGP video cards when they release the PCI-Express cards or will they also support the AGP users like a year or two to the future? :?:

they will probably keep producing them as long as there is a demand for them. Once there isn't enough of a demand to make it profitable enough they will stop producing them. Keep in mind that not everyone is a anxious as we are to to get our hands on up-and-coming tech evolutions so there will be many, many people using the current layouts for some time to come. Much longer than a couple years I suspect. However, i would expect agp cards to get noticably cheaper once pci-express gains popularity.
    :2cents:

*in other words, until we see some press releases no one knows for sure. All we can do is speculate. :)

Comment

Originally posted by minibubba
      However, i would expect agp cards to get noticably cheaper once pci-express gains popularity.

Comment

Tomi_s: Some companies are still manufacturing PCI graphics cards, so based on that fact I would guess that AGP will be around for some time yet.

Comment

Good point weta, but will the mafufacturers make high end AGP graphics cards in the future (after a year or so) or just some moderate mainstream models? :?:

Comment

I would imagine that they'd stick with what they have currently until lack of demand dictates otherwise.

Comment

Working...
            X