Question about mhz on 9600xt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about mhz on 9600xt

Hi, i was just wondering if having high core and memory clocks will effect the lifespan of the graphics card by a lot. I have a sapphire 9600xt 351/576 and the tweaktown review says that it stopped showing artifacts at 346.5 and 567, but i'm way over that. Am i hurting the card?

If you're not seeing artifacts, then you're doing just fine. Overclocking itself doesnt really hurt the lifespan (unless you blow it up by going WAY too high), but increasing voltages does, so unless you volt modded your 9600xt, you should be fine.

Comment

k thanks. Why do u need to do vmods anyway? is it just like the cpu processor, it stabalizes as u give more voltage?

Comment

Exactly, but Volt Modding is a pretty extreme step to take, and Id only recommend it unles you're using an extreme cooling solution, such as phase change, water chilling, or peltier. Or Extreme air cooling, such as mounting a CPU heatsinik onto the VPU.

Comment

i just noticed that my 3dmark03 doesn't work anymore after ocing the gfx card to 351/576. It just crashes at the first test... -_-. Should i lower down the clocks or just leave it since it does fine on all the other games.

Comment

if it crashes yes. i had the same problem and i lowered clock speeds by 5mhz at a time until i got all the way thru the tests.:cheers:

Comment

Working...
            X