All-in-wonder 9800 Pro....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All-in-wonder 9800 Pro....

Does anyone know if this card allows you to hook up cable tv on your pc? I dont really understand the specs of the card regarding this area. Also If it does, would there be sound or just plain video? I'm really looking for a card that can turn my PC into a TV. Thanks for any info!

Yes it does, my uncle has a aiw card that he has directv hooked up to. :cheers:
    CPU: Opteron 165 @ 311x9 - 2817.8 mhz - 1.47v
    Mobo: Abit KN8-SLI
    RAM: 2x512 Crucial Ballistic Tracers500 @ 202 mhz 2-2-2-5 T1
    GFX: Asus EAX1950pro @ 648/1408
    PSU: Thermaltake 500w
    SC: Audigy 2 zs
    LCD: 22' Samsung 225bw
    Speakers: Klipsch ProMedia 5.1 Ultra
    Mouse: Logitech G5

Comment

Alright, I can understand how the card support the video from cable tv, but how does the sound come into play? Does the card itself have the ability to produce sound out of my speakers? Kinda
      hard to understand that part...

Comment

I dont know about that, but my uncle sounds work fine, don't know how that works sorry.
        CPU: Opteron 165 @ 311x9 - 2817.8 mhz - 1.47v
        Mobo: Abit KN8-SLI
        RAM: 2x512 Crucial Ballistic Tracers500 @ 202 mhz 2-2-2-5 T1
        GFX: Asus EAX1950pro @ 648/1408
        PSU: Thermaltake 500w
        SC: Audigy 2 zs
        LCD: 22' Samsung 225bw
        Speakers: Klipsch ProMedia 5.1 Ultra
        Mouse: Logitech G5

Comment

the last AIW card I had experience with was several years ago, but in order to get the sound to work with the TV-in the AIW had to be connected to the sound card via a 'line-in' connection.

This would all be explained in the card's maual or provided information. I'm sure you could also look up the information at ATi's web site for specific details.

Comment

Working...
          X