Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Issues with the nVidia GasStation Demo...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Issues with the nVidia GasStation Demo...

Hi Guys

I have downloaded and installed all of nVidia FX GPU demo's and all of them seem to run perfectly except for GasStation.

What I am experiencing is that when the camera pans and moves around, from time to time I receive periodic slow downs in performance.

I used to also experience the same problem with the Vulcan demo but after a re-install the issue seemed to mysteriously disappear. I also tried re-installing GasStation and played with a number of video/display properties but still no go.

I was curious to see if any of you guys also have also had the same problem with GasStation and if so, how did you go about ressolving the issue?

PS:
    Thanks Guys

I haven't seen the demo, though if it's really intensive on lighting, poly counts, etc., then there's definetly going to be some slowdown. Just because you have a FX 5900 doesn't mean that every single thing is going to run uber-smooth.

Still, if other people aren't getting the choppyness on the demo, then maybe it's not just the poly count that's dragging down your frame rate.

Still, it's a tech demo, and while it looks nice, if everything else runs fine, I wouldn't worry about it. ;)

Comment

what i would worry about is your frame rates in ut2k3...(with all the settings on MAX, OF COURSE...) if yours getting smooth graphics with this and other popular fps intensive games your doing good, whats the rest of your system like, what kind of background apps do you have going on?? ur not gona get stellar performance if you got JUNK like KAZAA with all the ****-WARE that comes with it at full-till..

Comment

ok, i retrackt my previouse statement about your sub-system 3.4 ghz is more then plenty but what about ur drivers and background apps??

Comment

Working...
        X