No announcement yet.

Gefore 2 Pci Cards.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i would think that my amd k6-2 550mhz would bottle neck it anyway...

Comment

You would still get better from the MX400 than a MX200. ;)

Comment

I still have Hercules Prophet Geforce 2 MX PCI on my other system and its a very good card for its league.

Its great card to overclock since it has 5.5ns memory. Plays easily at 200/200 with no extra cooling (well, I have one case fan pointed to pci cards)

I use it on PIII 700 Mhz system and best 3Dmark 2000 score is 4903 and best 3Dmark 2001 is 2263.

Now these points might seem lousy compared to ones scored by new GF4's and 8500 with 2Ghz procs but for GF2MX(or MX400) system they are very good.

I do not have experience from other MX cards, but Hercules Prophet MX has been very good to me.( And payed only 99Usd for one a year ago)

Andy

Comment

What games do you most ofted play w/ the hercules? What are your framerates, at what resolution?

Comment

Hmm I dont know about exact framerates but I play Return to Castle Wolfenstein, Medal of Honor and Max Payne at 1024x768 with 32bit colors. Details set usually where the games suggests - so medium I think. At those settings they play very well, no slowdowns or skipping.
            Of course I have 700Mhz P3 and 256Mb ram to back things up so anything less and my words might not aply...

And naturally its easy to put any MX card on its knees with heavy detailing/high resolutions but I doubt this is what you want to do anyway.

My 2 cents ...

Andy

Btw, one option - not yet mentioned here is Radeon PCI card. For example Radeon 7200 64Mb PCI gives very similar if not a bit faster gameplay than any Geforce2 MX card ...

Comment

GeForce 2 MX's framerates will drop heavily after 1024x768, if you want to go for hi res gaming, your better off going with a gts or something with abit more kick.

Comment

Thoric we're talkin' about a PCI vid card not an AGP one. :rolleyes2

Comment

Well, If an AMD k6-2 is your main machine, I feel for you. In all honesty, I can say that if you will be able to save any money in the near future, I would skip the vid card upgrade, and just wait a while until you can buy a real computer. AMD's processors pre-athlon were junk. They sold them pre-overclocked (basically) and they were weak and unstable. A K6-2 550, performs the same as a pentium2 300-350.

For a few hundred bucks you can build yourself a gigahertz plus system that will feel 20 times faster. GL.

Comment

hrmm....lately i have been considering buying a barebone system, and working my way up from there. i was thinking about getting this one-

i saw it on pricewatch, seemed like a pretty good deal. am i right? im just a kid, not working yet, so i wont be able to keep up with the latest hardware, but over time i would hope to create a gaming beast out of this. if anyone sees any other deals, feel free to inform :)

Comment

Working...
                    X