Trading video cards?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trading video cards?

I recently aquired an Asus 9600XT off ebay for $260CND, at the same time they are being sold locally for $330 w/tax. But I can not really afford to keep it, bloody Christmas. So I have been offered a trade. A Powercolor 9600Pro + $150CND http://www.powercolor.com.tw/page2/p...sn=106&temp1=2. So my question here is:

1) How good is powercolor? Is it another one of those generic brands, or a respectable one such as Asus.

2) Is the XT worth it over the Pro? I noticed a lot of people are planning on getting a Pro, even with the XT out. So I am right in assuming that the clock speed boost isnt worth it?

3) Would you do it?

My other option would be to sell it straight up. I could get $275 or maybe a bit more. I could also simply cancel the order. I would pay the seller for the seller fees cuz Im an honest guy and its only $6.50CND. Any advice would be great. Thanks!

Tweak Town just did a comparison on the Powercolor cards, and they seemed to be pretty good.

I'd go with the XT, because there's a performance increase of about 15% over the Pro. If you can't afford the XT, then go with the Pro. It's not a huge difference, but pretty big for the price nonetheless.

I might do it, but if you can manage to get the money together, than keep the Asus. It's more likely to be better in the end.

Comment

Thanks for the reply.

I just found out that its not the bravo edition. The only difference is 80MHz on the core (total 480MHz from the 400MHz of the normal version) as well as a better cooler:bounce: and a blue LED so its not too much.

Comment

Bravo edition?

Anyway, I'd wait awhile to see what other people have to think. I'm not the most knowledgeable person in this field. In fact, I probably don't have much more knowledge than you about it. ;)

Comment

The difference between the two cards is not worth $150 cdn, take the pro and the cash.
          athlon xp-m@2456mhz(12x204)
          tt aquariusII liquid cooled/ arctic silver ceramique
          asus a7n8xe-dlx
          thermaltake xaserIII lanfire
          bfg 6800gt
          seagate sataII 250gb/seagate 7200rpm 160gb ide
          samsung dvdrw
          2x1024 kingston hyper-x pc3200/ windows xp pro sp3
          logitech mx518/ logitech wingman rumble
          2x samsung 955df 19"/ canon i960
          creative x-fi fatal1ty 64mb/ altec lansing 251-5.1
          mushkin 550w

opteron 146 @ 2850 (10x285)
          DFI infinity nf4 ultra
          thermaltake tsunami dream -black
          seagate sataII 500gb
          evga 8600gt oc ssc edition
          samsung sata dvd-rw
          2x1024 ocz black
          logitech ifeel/ nec accusync 75f
          ocz fatal1ty 550w

Comment

$150 CND? :wow: It's only a $17usd here. That's weird. I would also take the Pro and the cash, as:
            A) That's a lot of money for the difference
            B) You can easily o/c a Pro to XT speeds

: peace2: Mista K6

Comment

Working...
            X