What Is Normal Radeon 9700 Temp?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Is Normal Radeon 9700 Temp?

I taped a probe to the back of my card and it says 51C but a few mins ago it was at 55C when I had my fans turned down.

There is no normal temp for anything at all. Everything is relative to your ambient temperature. If your card is running stable at 50-55 degrees, thats a normal temp, if tommorow you wake up and it reads 70, you got a problem. :)

Comment

I dunno what are consider decent temps for a GPU, but I wouldn't want my CPU that hot (it's really not that bad for a CPU, but I'm picky) and I'm pretty sure it would be worse for a graphics card. So unless I'm sorely mistaken, you may want to consider an alternative cooling method for your GPU.

:2cents:

Comment

Actually many high end vpu's is constantly running within the 60-65c margin during load and that's normal. They cannot/should not be compared to cpu's.
        Not to mention they usually have burn protection which is stopping them from hitting to high, up to like 90c.

Comment

Originally posted by The__tweaker
          Actually many high end vpu's is constantly running within the 60-65c margin during load and that's normal. They cannot/should not be compared to cpu's.
          Not to mention they usually have burn protection which is stopping them from hitting to high, up to like 90c.

I'm running at 55c-60c idle.

Comment

Working...
          X