can't get a dual view or clone mode with nvidia card

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• can't get a dual view or clone mode with nvidia card

Can somebody please help? I have xp pro and a geforce 3 ti500 with the latest drivers. I'm trying to get a dual display in nvidia display properties, one on the computer and one on the tv so that I can control what's being displayed on the tv with my computer. However, in the nvidia interface I'm limited to a single display in the nview mode. I can switch between the tv or the computer but I can't have both at the same time. I remember in the past that I could control the tv with the computer with 98se but I can't remember if it was with this nvidia card or another. Now if I switch to tv the computer screen goes black and I have to use the tv to control the computer display which is a ***** because the resolution on the tv, although fine for viewing movies off of the computer, sucks for viewing my computer display properties in order to switch back and forth between the tv and computer monitor. I tried removing and reinstalling the nvidia drivers. I tried using older drivers. If I unplug the tv nview option disappears. If I replug the tv nview reappears. So, obviously the vid card sees the tv but I can't a dual view or clone option. Can somebody please tell me how to get a dual display so that I can use my monitor to control the tv and not vice versa? Thanks

I don't believe that the GF3 line supports dual displays as that didn't come in until the GF4 line.

Comment

Thanks for the reply and I believe you are absolutely correct. :wave:

Comment

Working...
      X