No announcement yet.

Extreme cooling modd on a Radeon 9800.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Extreme cooling modd on a Radeon 9800.

The reason he picked aluminium over copper is most likely the extreme weight that would rest on the card if made out of copper. Specially if the comp is moved around.

Wow, that is extreme. How much more was he able to o/c with it? Also, if he used a smaller copper heat sinks, it might work a little better (my opinion). Really cool tho, : peace2: Mista K6

Comment

Is it just me or wouldn't it be better to look into water/peltier/heatpipe technologies for better cooling? :?:
      Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
      My Toys

Comment

Maybe that mod is for people that are bored to thier minds....and people that can not afford water and peltier cooling..
        CPU: Opteron 165 @ 311x9 - 2817.8 mhz - 1.47v
        Mobo: Abit KN8-SLI
        RAM: 2x512 Crucial Ballistic Tracers500 @ 202 mhz 2-2-2-5 T1
        GFX: Asus EAX1950pro @ 648/1408
        PSU: Thermaltake 500w
        SC: Audigy 2 zs
        LCD: 22' Samsung 225bw
        Speakers: Klipsch ProMedia 5.1 Ultra
        Mouse: Logitech G5

Comment

I'd be very worried about the damage that maybe cause to the card by all that extra weight. :eek:

Comment

Originally posted by Wiggo
            I'd be very worried about the damage that maybe cause to the card by all that extra weight. :eek:
            Yeah caution should be taken no doubt. However I don't think it's to dangerous as long as one stays within the 5-600g range like the passive Zalman coolers. I know ppl whos dragging their pc's back and forth to Lan partys with those sinks and haven't cracked their cards yet.

Comment

I think that is so dumb looking.

Comment

Originally posted by Compgeek
                I think that is so dumb looking.
                I agree, but somehow I don't think his goal is visual style.. :devil win

Comment

Working...
                X