Over clocking tools 9600xt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Over clocking tools 9600xt

Well went out yesterday and bought Assylum fx5200 256mb ram yesterday, instead of reading up first i did last night and out of the many places i went too, decided to take it back to compusa and get radaon 9600xt now i want to try o/c but never done it not even with my old card MSI G3ti200 pro-td, so what are the best pieces of software for o/c my new card? By the hello this is my first post

First of all, GREAT CALL on the returning the 5200. The 9600 is the best mid-range card out right now. For overclocking, Id suggest RivaTuner, its pretty simple. You can download it from various sources including www.guru3d.com

Edit: Oh yeah, HELLO, welcome to the wonderful world of TweakTown, mate! :devil:

Comment

Thanks much for fast reply!!! :)

Comment

Thats what the fatguy's for....speed...
        oh wait, that doesn't make sense....hrmmm...
        :smokin:

Happy :shoot3: :shoot2:

Comment

Originally posted by Fatguy3
          Thats what the fatguy's for....speed...
          oh wait, that doesn't make sense....hrmmm...
          Comfort, perhaps?

I also agree on the call of returning the FX5200. Good marketing on nVidia's part, adding 256MB of cheap memory to a marginal GPU. I'm sure most of their FX5200 sales comprise of folks that don't do any research at all before buying their hardware. All they see is 256MB on the box at WalMart and Cha-ching!...sold. Not even realizing that even if a game COULD use all 256MB, the GPU wouldn't play it anyway. Good call on the 9600XT. Should be a good card for a long time (relatively speaking, that is).
          Good luck with your tweaking and welcome to TweakTown! :cheers:

Comment

flickflum: Take a look at this article, it should prove helpful.

Comment

Working...
            X