4600ti vs FX 5200

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4600ti vs FX 5200

Hi TTers, Just a quick ?. I have a GeForce 4600ti & can get a GeForce FX 5200 cheap. Which is the better card? I have had no probs with the 4600ti. Just curious. Thanx Ed:cool:

The lower Ti4200 beats the crap outa the FX5200. Basically the FX5200 is a DX9 version of the GF4 MX and even though the Ti's are DX8 hardware they will still run DX9 titles but may not display all the visual features (the FX5700 would be a closer comparison to the Ti4600).

Comment

like Wiggo said, you don't want to switch to a 5200. You will sorely regret it. Just take a look around the forums and you will see several people who were fooled into thinking the 5200 was a better card. Needless to say, they are less than happy.

Comment

Thanks Wiggo & minibubba for the input. I will stay with what I have. Thanx TTers. Ed

Comment

Aopen has just released its latest GeForce FX5200 graphics card (can they call it that?) the White Monroe. Good decision to stick with your 4600ti.

Comment

Clearly a vid card for the females out there, lipstick prints and all.. ^^

Comment

lmao, that just looks cheesy :rofl:

Comment

Working...
              X