Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cant install a game. Says vga device doesnt exist!!??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cant install a game. Says vga device doesnt exist!!??

I was using onboard graphics then i got a pci graphics card. My mobo doesnt have an agp slot and i cant turn off my onboard graphics cause it selects pci automatically.
    When i go to install a game, Vietcng, it says The vga device does not exist then cuts out. is there anything i can do to make it recognise my graphics card???

Please help, thanks

It would really be nice if ppl considered others (especially those on dialup) with the file size of the attachments that they use (but I did fix it). :rolleyes2

One thing that ya didn't tell us is what PCI video card that ya usin'. :?:

Comment

yeah sorry about the picture, i didnt relalise that it would display it, i thought it would have been an attachment.

Anyway, i have a geforce fx 5200 128mb pci and drivers are installed and my onboard graphics are now disabled

Comment

Get the latest detinator drivers from nVidias website. Make sure your old drivers are uninstalled (From both the PCI Card and the onboard).

Comment

humm this didnt work, when i goto components, both my adapters are there and because of windows automatic found hardware it installes ma onboard graphics and when i disable it, it doesnt remove it and obviously i cant uninstall it cause windows finds it

Comment

Go into the BIOS and disable your onboard video.

:cheers:

Comment

there is no option in the bios to disable my onboard graphics, there are no jumpers on my mobo either.
              I have went through the manual many a times and there are no options to do any of them.

I have disabled it through device manager, even uninstalled the drivers for the onboard graphics but the error message still aperars

Comment

Working...
              X