Changing vga

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changing vga

Hi there, i just wanna know, if it would be good to change a Geforce 4 ti4200 to a Radeon 9600.
    I have my eyes on Sapphire, but maybe i should wait for XT-Versions.

... Oh sorry, i should have posted this thread in "What should I buy?" sorry ^^

I believe that this forum would suit better myself. ;)

While I'm here though I've just purchased Sapphire R9600P myself as an upgrade over the GF4 Ti4200 VIVO's that I've been usin' lately in setups for my next new setup so I maybe able to let ya know when I've time to assemble the parts how they compare once I've finished my project (I wouldn't hold my breathe if I was you though, just get the R9600P). :devil win

I was a bit disappointed at the software adoption of DX8 over DX7 (very little really needed it) which has made me wary of jumpin' onto a DX9 card but DX9 actually is bein' well supported.

Comment

Seems like a great change to me. DX9 Games are already out (Halo) and that 9600 Pro is a very nice card, you should be very happy with it. : peace2: Mista K6

P.S. The XT version is a waste of $60, as you can take that Sapphire 9600Pro and O/c it to the from 400Mhz GPU speed of the 9600 Pro to the 500MHz of the 9600 X.

Comment

Its only worth the switch if you are getting the 9600 Pro version. The regular 9600 is not faster than your Ti4200.

The 9600 Pro will overclock to around 500Mhz like was said, however the XT will reach speeds of 600Mhz, so the extra $50 for the XT gets you a good speed increase.

Comment

Comment

wow, great infos, thx 2 u all ^^

Comment

Comment

Well, any 5900 is a great card (cept for the SE verions), but I was just noticing you specs in your sig. Right now your system parts are all more or less in the same performance range. If you buy a 5900, I have a funny feeling that the rest of your system is going to choke it and keep it from going at its full potential. You might want to upgrade your system first. : peace2: Mista K6

Comment

yeah, that's right... but theres a problem: the money
                  i just want a vc that will keep up with the futuresoftware and later on i want to buy some new upgrades like cpu or the soundcard. dunno, maybe i should try to do a watercoolingthingo into the system, so i can oc my cpu more

Comment

Working...
                  X