AGP Slots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AGP Slots

i recently bought the ati 9800 and was wondering if there is an external way to set it up on my computer insted of buying a new motherboard

i have a xeon dual 2.4 with 1 gig ram running win xp (with no agp slot of course)

any help would be very appreciated... thanks

Realist :)

there is nothing external i have ever heard of to install an AGP card externally.

Comment

Originally posted by Realist
      i recently bought the ati 9800 and was wondering if there is an external way to set it up on my computer insted of buying a new motherboard

i have a xeon dual 2.4 with 1 gig ram running win xp (with no agp slot of course)

any help would be very appreciated... thanks

Realist :)
      Ya jokin', right? :confused:

Comment

of course i'm not joking... you know how much of a kick in the sack it was to get the graphics card i've been waiting for and not being able to use it...

what are my options

Comment

Buy a new mobo.

Comment

and drink my sorrows away lol

know of the cheapest mother board out there? :D

Comment

Buy good, not cheap and ya won't live to regret it. :devil win

Comment

recommend anything?

Comment

For a dual Xeon? I doubt that you'd find anything cheap for that anyway. :rofl:

The best deals on computers, computer parts, desktops, laptops, electronics, tablets, software, gaming, hard drives, CPUs, motherboards, cables, and much more. With fast shipping and great customer service from Houston, Texas!

Comment

What work do ya do with the Xeon..:confused:

Do you really need a dual system..:?:

You could sell it and build a new fast P4 computer with a real motherboard using the I865 or I875 chipset, they use an 8X AGP slot. :)

Comment

"need" lol... probably not...

it sure feels powerful though

i'll pobably just end up selling the motherboard i have in it and getting a new one... the one i have in it i've seen sell for more than a dual mb with agp slot

but if anything i don't think i'll take much of a loss >crosses fingers<

wiggo... that site is REALLY slow... have any other links i could look at

thanks everyone for the help

Comment

Working...
                      X