Video card jumper question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Video card jumper question

Hi all, quick question. After recently working on my Ti4200, I noticed a jumper on the slot side of the fan near the flash BIOS. The manual I got with the card doesnt say anything about it. What's the jumper do (I'm guessing its Flash BIOS related)? Would moving it be helpful/harmful? Thx alot for any info, : peace2: Mista K6

Originally posted by Mista K6
    Hi all, quick question. After recently working on my Ti4200, I noticed a jumper on the slot side of the fan near the flash BIOS. The manual I got with the card doesnt say anything about it. What's the jumper do (I'm guessing its Flash BIOS related)? Would moving it be helpful/harmful? Thx alot for any info, : peace2: Mista K6

My Ti4200 is jumperless. Maybe that jumper on yours is for force assigning an IRQ for your card, but thats just a guess.

Comment

Look to see if there is any marking on the PCB itself. I have had some ATI based boards that have a jumper for NTSC and PAL output. The wrong setting here could do some damage to your monitor and/or video board.
      Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
      My Toys

Comment

ok thx, the card works fine, so I'm not going to screw with it, :D . : peace2: Mista K6

Comment

Working...
        X