ATi 9800NP or 9600XT ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ATi 9800NP or 9600XT ???

At best buy the 9800np are about $240 after rebates but sold out everywhere.

is the 9800np much better than the 9600xt, and by how much?
    ive never overclocked a graphics card but can the 9600xt get up to9800np speeds? btw my pc runs pretty cool.

also can u give me some cheaper prices , because im looking to spend no more than $250(tax included)

thx in advance :) :) :)

$240 for a 9800NP is a very good price. And a 9800NP still smokes a 9600XT. Go to www.ati.com and do a product comparison. The 9600XT, even though its core clock is so fast (500MHz), its 128-bit memory architecture and only 4 pipelines get smoked when compared to the 256-bit and 8 pipelines of the 9800NP.

Comment

hey mista, do you like your audigy 2 sound card? any complaints or anything? sorry for changing the subject on this thread, but i think the guys question was answered. (i'd go for 9800NP too)

Comment

excuse my ignorance but what the hecks the NP stand for? i know theres the 9800, 9800 pro and now 9800 XT.. what the hecks the NP?

i dont know bout the audigi but ive had bad luck with soundblaster myself, so has a buddy of mine. i bought this one a while back when it came out (live! platinum 5.1) cuz i keep hearing they're good and theyve improved but they never do. I still have sound problems in a lot of games and EAX never friggin works right. Its not my speakers either they're good quality klipsch's. i would sugest going for something else.

Comment

NP = Non-Pro :).

Comment

Whoops, sry for replying later. Yah, love my Audigy 2, awesome card. I havent been able to try it out for Surround sound, I only have 2.1, but I just orderd a Creative Inspire 6600 6.1 speaker set, should come in in about a week. The card is great though, I've banged it up and abused it so many times putting stuff into my case, and its with stood all, and the sound quality is great. The only thing is, if you're buying it, buy OEM. OEM is about $75, and unless you really want to play Hitman 2, buy OEM and save $40 off retail. Oh yah, they have a new ZS version, I dont know a thing about that though. Anyways, I defintely recommend it. Sry for stealing the thread!, : peace2: Mista K6

Comment

dont mind u guys stealing the thread but i got another question.

now that the new Nvidias are coming out will the 9800 go down or any other ati card for the matter? :shrug:

Comment

maybe slightly. Usually prices on hardware just tend to go down steadily, maybe a little bit more when a new product is release, or when a bigger supply comes from a manufacturer. From what I've seen, prices are usually the cheapest during the Christmas season going into Jan. or so, and then they drop again during the spring when lots of new stuff hits the market (E3 and other conventions). However, if you're waiting for the "big" price drop, it probably wont happen. Just go ahead and buy it around X-mas, and get some fun out of it :thumb: . : peace2: Mista K6

Comment

9600 or 9800.....should you even have to ask?

Comment

Working...
                  X