Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NVIDIA GeForce4 Ti 4200

Hello,

I currently have a NVIDIA Geforce 4 Ti 4200 with 128mb and my computer specs are

Windows XP Home Edition
    Direct X 9.0B
    2.40ghz
    766ddrram
    80 gigabytes hard drive

I would like to know from those who are experienced with it, to tell me what I can do to overclock my video card and get the best and maximum FPS out of my system.

to OC use a utltity like coolbits or rivatuner. There is 101 things you can do to improve your FPS, such as tweaking windows, tweaking the game itself, optimizing the memory timings, OC the cpu, having adequate cooling, the list goes on...

aside from OC hardware, a good place to start is our winXP tweaking guides
    WinXP Tweaking: From Reformat to Relax

WinXP Tweaking: From Relax to Righteous

Comment

Coolbits works fine, it unlocks hidden display settings in your drivers that let you change the clock frequencies.

If you are wanting the highest 3DMark01 score use the 44.03 drivers.

You can get it at www.guru3d.com

Comment

Well, who manufactured your card? Sometimes the software for the card has a good overclocking function. I, too, have a GF4 Ti4200. For instance, the software I got from MSI has a compatibility function when you overclock, so that w/e you set your RAM and GPU at, it switches it to the nearest Mhz settings to give the best stability/functionality. For instance, if I set it to 275/585, the program will reset it to 276/581. It works well, look and see if you got something like that.

For timings, well, each card is different depending on what RAM is used and what cooling system you have on your card. If you have just a fan on the GPU, you're going to have to add RAM heat sinks if you want to go anywhere. The cooling system on my MSI looks like this . I know, it's a 4600, they dont make a 4200 anymore, but that kind of large copper heat sink/spreader really dissapates heat from the GPU and RAM chips. With good cooling, you can take your Ti4200 from stock 250/512 (that means GPU mhz/RAM mhz) to over 300/600. I hit 291/581 stable before, but then I noticed they put almost no thermal grease on the card, so it was getting rid of heat HORRIBLY. I put on some thermal adhesive secure the heat spreaders to the RAM, I'm waiting for it to dry now, then I should hit 300/600 easily. Also, higher RAM MHz will give you more performance than higher GPU.

For tweaking guides, Reformat to Relax REALLY speeds up your system. Relax to righteousness is more for customizing XP to your own look and feel. Also check out the tweaks on www.pureperformance.com , they work well too. As always, back up everything before you do these, and dont do tweaks that you are wary of doing (I never do the "dangerous" ones, its not worth it, lol).

As for overclocking your system, we'll need info about your system. Manufactures, type, speed, etc etc on your mobo, CPU, and RAM. Also, what kind of cooling do you have (fans, what kind of heatsink on the CPU, etc). We can help you much more with that kind of info. Then you can tweak the hell out of your system and see the numbers and performance go through the roof :D :woot: . : peace2: Mista K6

Comment

Sorry for the late response...I'm willing to give all the information I have but is there any utility that will make it a little easier for me that will display all this information and so I can just copy and paste it here?

Comment

a good program to analyze your system and tell you the specifics is SiSoftwareSandra, which you can get here http://download.guru3d.com/sandra/ , then scroll down until you see the info box on it. This link is for the 2004 version. I have an older one but basically after its opened just click on the icon you want information about such as motherboard info or w/e. : peace2:

Comment

Alright guys I pretty much have it here...If there's anything else you need please tell me...Thanks :-)

-------------------------------------------------

Computer System
              Name : RED-DEMON
              User Name : Red Dem0n
              Logon Domain : RED-DEMON

Processor(s)
              Model : Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.40GHz
              Speed : 2.40GHz
              Performance Rating : PR2640 (estimated)
              Type : Standard
              L2 On-board Cache : 512kB ECC synchronous ATC

System Mainboard
              Bus(es) : X-Bus AGP PCI IMB USB SMBus/i2c
              MP Support : 1 CPU(s)
              System BIOS : Intel Corp. RG84510A.15A.0037.P15.0304012013
              System Mainboard : Intel Corporation D845GRG
              System Chipset : Intel Corporation 82845G/GL/GV Brookdale Host-Hub Interface Bridge (A1-step)
              Front Side Bus Speed : 4x 133MHz (532MHz data rate)
              Installed Memory : 767MB DDR-SDRAM
              Memory Bus Speed : 2x 133MHz (266MHz data rate)

Video System
              Monitor/Panel : Plug and Play Monitor
              Adapter : NVIDIA GeForce4 Ti 4200

Physical Storage Devices
              Removable Drive : Floppy disk drive
              Disk Drive : WDC WD800BB-53CAA1 (74.5GB)
              CD-ROM/DVD : HL-DT-ST DVD-ROM GDR8160B (CD 48X Rd) (DVD 6X Rd)
              CD-ROM/DVD : _NEC NR-7900A (CD 40X Rd, 8X Wr)

Logical Storage Devices
              1.44MB 3.5" (A:) : N/A
              Hard Disk (C:) : 74.5GB (42.5GB, 57% Free) (NTFS)
              CD-ROM/DVD (D:) : 7.9GB (0MB, 0% Free) (UDF)
              CD-ROM/DVD (E:) : 491MB (0MB, 0% Free) (CDFS)

Peripherals
              Serial/Parallel Port(s) : 2 COM / 1 LPT
              USB Controller/Hub : Standard Universal PCI to USB Host Controller
              USB Controller/Hub : Intel PCI to USB Enhanced Host Controller
              USB Controller/Hub : USB Root Hub
              USB Controller/Hub : USB 2.0 Root Hub
              Keyboard : Standard 101/102-Key or Microsoft Natural PS/2 Keyboard
              Mouse : Logitech USB WheelMouse
              Human Interface : Logitech USB WheelMouse

MultiMedia Device(s)
              Device : Creative SB Live! Series (WDM)
              Device : Creative SBLive! Gameport

Communication Device(s)
              Device : BCM V.90 56K Modem

Printers and Faxes
              Model : hp psc 700 series

Operating System(s)
              Windows System : Microsoft Windows XP Professional Ver 5.01.2600 Service Pack 1

Network Adapter(s)
              Networking Installed : Yes
              Adapter : Intel(R) PRO/100 VE Network Connection
              ---------------------------------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by reddem0n
                Alright guys I pretty much have it here...If there's anything else you need please tell me...Thanks :-)

System Mainboard
                Bus(es) : X-Bus AGP PCI IMB USB SMBus/i2c
                MP Support : 1 CPU(s)
                System BIOS : Intel Corp. RG84510A.15A.0037.P15.0304012013
                System Mainboard : Intel Corporation D845GRG
                System Chipset : Intel Corporation 82845G/GL/GV Brookdale Host-Hub Interface Bridge (A1-step)
                Front Side Bus Speed : 4x 133MHz (532MHz data rate)
                Installed Memory : 767MB DDR-SDRAM
                Memory Bus Speed : 2x 133MHz (266MHz data rate)
                I doubt that you'll find any overclockin' with that mobo so just head on over to www.guru3d.com and grab one of the suitable video overclockin' untilities and get to work on the video card. This guide, System Optimization Guide for Gamers, maybe of help to ya as well.

Comment

Working...
                X