• computer to tv out

Here is a question that im sure alot of people have asked before. I
    am wanting to turn my PC into a multimedia system. I need information
    on a video card that will allow me to play a DVD on my computer and
    display it on my TV. I have a Samsung TV that has RCA and Component
    inputs in the back. I have tried using converter boxes and they
    SUCK!. Does anyone know of a good video card that will allow me to
    see my computer display on a TV? Also, has anyone done this and
    gotten crystal clear results?. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Pretty much all cards nowadays are equipped with TV-out, along with the VGA and DVI out.

Comment

so is it safe to assume, if i buy a video card that does S-Video to RCA it will be great quality and will be satisfactory for watching DVD's or surfing the net?

Comment

More or less, yeah. You get what you pay for though. The IQ will definitely vary. The Radeon AIW's are very good for this type of thing.

Comment

AIW (All-In-Wonder) cards are good if you also wish to have an input to your computer. I've got a Radeon 9700 Pro AIW, which I use to record things from TV / video, as well as play console games on my computer. Unfortunately, they are a little pricier than most cards.

If you're just looking for a simple TV-out on your card, then any new card should have it. The AIW would be near the top of the list, followed by the rest of the Radeon series, then the Geforce cards (newer is better TV quality. A GF4MX output far surpasses that of a GF2MX)

Comment

I've been using a TV for my gaming rig for some time now with a Radeon 9800, I upgraded 3 months ago from a Radeon 8500 with the same TV setup. Works great!!

Cheers
            :cheers:

Comment

Working...
            X