Asus FX 5600

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Asus FX 5600

my m8 has an FX 5600 grafx card made by asus, does anyone know if there is any extra cooling available for that card?

cos lets face it its crap unless its overclocked, he dont wanna drill no holes or anything though, wants a simple clip-on solution so he can O\C easily.

i managed 400mhz stable(ish) but its not enough.

i would be grateful for any help

Should have gotten the Ultra....those are 400/800.

The ASUS card should already have some fancy cooling design on it though.

Comment

i have a asus 5600 non ultra and i agree that it really sucks and is paper weight material once i upgrade to the R420 when it comes out

Comment

and with the stock cooling, as you can see, i havent had much luck with the overclock

Comment

I have the 5600 256mb. i got a fan off the 9700 modded it a little and it works great.

Comment

is it made by asus? let me know the stock frequencies and the overclocked frequencies you were able to reach. and what other mods did you do?

Comment

the stock frequencies are 324/552

i managed to get 400/690

i took the fan and heatsink off and cleaned off the mess they describe as thermal grease, and put some decent stuff on, put it all back together and it runs nicely at those frequencies, a few graphical glitches but its stable.

if anyone knows of water cooling systems for asus cards then send me links plz, much appreciated :)

Comment

Evga 5600 256mb Still messing aroung with it. I have not done much for o/c. Waiting tell i get a p4 2.4 Just have a celeron 1.8 right now.

Comment

Tough card to find a cooler for, I had the same problem. Using a thermaltake crystal orb now but a zalman heatpipe rig is just arounf the bend. The orb is too loud and inefficient. You can improve it, send me an e-mail and I will tell you how.

Comment

P.S. I have ran my Asus FX 5600 up to 400MHZ Core and 650 MHZ Memory with no sign of trouble all at a healthy 49C in a rather cool room though ( 19C ).

Comment

Working...
                    X