No announcement yet.

radeon 9800 pro infineon ram rip off?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ok after a 5 weeks of b-t-hing i finaly got my card. i first bought a bba redeon 9800 pro oem. i got a retail power color 9800 pro 2.86 samsung chips just what i wanted in the first place. i guess when i told them that ati wanted me to send it to them to see if what i was telling them was true they decided to make me happy

stock settings
    mark 03 5658
    mark 01 16682
    aquamark 43000

and also what would be the best cooling for this card would like something like the 9800xt cooler dont like the size of the zalman but if thats what i need than thats what i need i have seen 550proc speeds on this card is that possible or how high should i be able to get it with good cooling

Comment

550 is not possible without a Vapochill and volt mods on the card.

You will be lucky to get 480 on good air (and by that I mean a CPU heatsink), some get 500 but most can't without volt mods.

The average on the stock heatsink is around 420mhz.

Comment

thank you soul but what about good cooling can you give me a good air cooled solution and a good water cooled solution if i can water cool my system for around $150 more or less i just might go that way

Comment

I have a 1U server copper CPU heatsink here ready to go on my next card, its much better than anything else you will find for video cards but it requires some custom mounting because it wasnt made for this application.

Its small, lightweight (a major necessity because you don't want your card bending) and cools very well. People running 450mhz on the core get about 30-40c temps.

Comment

Working...
          X