No announcement yet.

All in wonder question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Holy crap they don't call that place price shock for nothing.....$28 for a cable...I'd like to use something like that but I don't feel justified spending that much...i'll see if Best Buy has anything like that.

Comment

Try this cable :thumb:

Comment

I'd like to add that the real reason I didn't get any of the AIW line was...they wouldn't fit....seriously! I'm packing everything into a tiny case, and I have a 80mmX15MM Zalman fan right over the AGP slot. Well, I thought I had enough room, but there isn't.:o I can't use any card whose PC board extends any further than the bend in the backing plate. I'm consoling myself with the fact that I will indeed be able to replace each card individually, and that ATI cards are not well supported by Linux, which I hope to run on this system. :cheers:

Comment

Originally posted by Wordbiker
          Try this cable :thumb:
          Thats much better. Is there a reason the other one was $28?

Comment

It shouldn't have been that much, but some of the official sony stuff is way overpriced...

Comment

Originally posted by Soulburner
              Thats much better. Is there a reason the other one was ?
              Yeah, they can get it...:rolleyes2
              The only difference I can see is the other is an "official Sony Product"....yeah, wha-everrrrrr....

Comment

Here's a shot, I think the cable im using is crap, what do you think:

Comment

That looks a little worse than my composite in from my PS2 on the AIW. The S-video is a lot cleaner / crisper... on the AIW anyways

Comment

Another note:
                    I just set up a sweet P4 2.4 "C" for a friend tonight for video editing. The remote for the AIW 9000 Pro we selected for him is SWEET! I'm nearly regretting my choices, but as I said....we'll have to see once I get my HTPC running. I may be selling a TV tuner and getting a TV Wonder just for the remote....:o

Comment

It's composite (RCA) from the PS2 into the ViVo cable which is of course S-Video that goes into the card. I think the composite is the bad link. I expected better-than-tv quality since televisions are low resolution...but I guess my expectations were too high. Be nice if this monitor had video input jacks and a "video mode" like TVs do.

Comment

Originally posted by [B]Wordbiker
                        I may be selling a TV tuner and getting a TV Wonder just for the remote....:o
                        You know that you can buy just the "Remote Wonder" if that's what you want. :cheers:
                        SPAM Special Ops

Comment

Yeah E^vol, but I'd want the TV tuner as well.....and a remote wouldn't have the software.

Comment

I almost forgot about the Linux issue too....Even the remote isn't supported...:(

Comment

That sux...
                              SPAM Special Ops

Comment

Working...
                              X