9700 into a 9700pro?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 9700 into a 9700pro?

Is it possible to turn a 9700 into a 9700 pro? If so how do you do it? I've seen a lot of 9500 ---> 9700, but no 9700 into 9700pros.

Thx

You can flash it with the Pro BIOS to overclock it, but the thing that sets them apart is the quality of the memory used. The Pros use the fastest memory and will reach higher speeds than the non pros. You have to get a non pro card with the good memory.

Comment

Hmm no, i dont think you can do that, even if you could somehow manage it, it wont keep up with Pro.

Altough, if you overclock your r9700, it does better than a pro at default speeds.

In few benchmarks AtomicMPC done (best aussie hardware mag), the overclocked 9700 does 500 3dmark2001s better than the Pro (they were both sapphire)

Comment

But overclock the Pro and it leaves the non pro in the dust.

Comment

Yes, but its a 9700 he wants to get a Pro from, not a Pro he wants to get a 9800 from : omg: :woot:

Of course the best way to get the Pro out of vanilla non-Pro, is to just o/c it.
          However im not sure what you mean by "turn into". If you mean softmodding, like actually having the BIOS and system recognise it as a PRO, i think that cant be done. As soul said, diff ram makes it practically unlogical, but maybe it can be done, just not with the same effect?:confused:

Good question, lets see europeans do something about it. After all, Russians turned 95 into 97, and Duron into Athlon. Wonder what happens next!!!:thumb:

Comment

What i mean was having a 9700np performing like a 9700 pro, but thanks for the feed back anyway, appreciate it.
            Whats the best video card currently available for gaming?

Comment

Best best, topest of the top is Radeon 9800pro 256DDR-II.

Radeon9800XT is coming out sometime soon tough, will be interesting to see how it goes :cheers:

Did you know of a thing called nBox, an FX5600 with heaps of games? hehe apparently its ok, but the name is very original

Comment

Never heard of it. It's just Xbox with an n instead of the X.lol

Comment

The 9800 Pro 256mb with DDR2 is a waste, don't get it.....try to get ahold of the 9800XT 128mb, it will be the fastest card when it comes out, until we see what Nvidia does.

Comment

Hmm Fx5900 is doing pretty well against r9800 as well.. I spose FX5900xt or some bs copycat like that will come out with the rXT, so we will see if ATi is giving up its top warm place.

Yeah Microsoft isnt happy about nVidia naming that nBox, and its new console that nVidia is making with name ripped off xBox as well...:laugh: :thumb:

: omg:

Comment

Originally posted by Soulburner
                      The 9800 Pro 256mb with DDR2 is a waste, don't get it

Exactly, but it is still THE top end card.

Comment

Originally posted by [ TrancE
                        ]
                        Hmm Fx5900 is doing pretty well against r9800 as well.. I spose FX5900xt or some bs copycat like that will come out with the rXT, so we will see if ATi is giving up its top warm place.

Yeah Microsoft isnt happy about nVidia naming that nBox, and its new console that nVidia is making with name ripped off xBox as well...:laugh: :thumb:

: omg:
                        The NV38 will be launched shortly. It was already reviewed with the 9800XT and it was about half and half as to who won in the benchmarks.

Comment

Originally posted by [ TrancE
                          ]
                          Exactly, but it is still THE top end card.
                          As of now, no it isn't. The 9800XT and NV38 that were reviewed by Anandtech are faster.

Comment

Links pls ppl so I don't have to go searchin' for them articals/reviews (country dailup in Oz remember). ;)

Comment

Sorry, soul, i was ment to say the top end card that is out, will be careful about what i say next time: omg:

I dont understand one thing tough... XTs are promising to have HL2 in the package, and due to HL2 SOURCE leaked (im gutted for valve :cry: ), the HL2 is delayed once again, would it delay XT as well, or would XT just throw off HL2 idea and package something else? :shrug:

Comment

Working...
                              X