Trouble with the 9800 pro 128MB...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trouble with the 9800 pro 128MB...

Well, I'm new here. What's up fellas. I have a question concerning my system which I recently upgraded.

Processor: AMD XP 2600+ (Thorough Bred)
    VPU: Radeon 9800 Pro
    Motherboard: Gigabyte K7 Triton (KT600)
    RAM: 512MB PC2100 DDR

Blah blah blah, I dont think anything else is important. Anyway. Originally I had bought the 9800 and put it in my system with a 1900+ and a, old gigabyte board that only supported 4x AGP. In the 2001 3Dmarks I was gettin 12540. I figured it was just the 4x AGP or slow processor. But after I upgraded, IT WAS EXACTLY THE SAME! 12540. This kinda surprised me seeing as it wasn't running much faster than my brothers old Ti4600 card. And he has a bad processor as well. I DONT KNOW WHATS WRONG! I should be getting at least 15000 right? The only thing I could think of was the RAM, but would it really make that big a difference to go to PC3200 or sumpin like that? Oh, and I have tried overclocking, but it starts artifacting and restarting at 410 clock. Whats wrong? Please someone help.

mmm i can't hit the same score twice even if i don't make any changes whatsoever between tests! are you with me?..............?

:afro:

;] thguoht a tsuj ?eciwt hcneb emas eht ta gnikool ton er'uoy erus uoy era

Comment

GET NEW RAM

that is the only thing i can think of it really helps.

I am sure your video card is holding back on you because of your ram. Because I have the 9800 pro also and i get better than you.
      Been a member way to long lol ;)

Asus Laptop!!!!!!!:
      Core 2 duo 2.5
      Geforce 9500 512mb
      250 gig hard drive
      4 gigs DDR2 ram!
      64 bit Vista Ultimate and loving it :)

Comment

Working...
      X