the best 9800 pro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the best 9800 pro

ok ive finally caved in and decided to buy a 9800 pro, and yes i plan on overclocking the poop out of it. im thinking about buying the hercules 3d prophet, but im not sure if they make the best overclock ready 9800 pros? i just dont wanna make a bad decision or a not-the-best decision.

ok i know yall are looking at this thread...how about some input please?!

Comment

dude281: Personally I like Hercules cards, I'm on my third and about to buy my fourth a 3D Prophet 9800 XT, so my view is biased. They are more expensive than other brands, but I think they're worth it. Here's a few reviews for you to read, which should help you make up your own mind.

3D Prophet 9800 Pro review 1
      3D Prophet 9800 Pro review 2
      3D Prophet 9800 Pro review 3

Another option is to buy a Hercules 3D Prophet 9800 and mod it into a Pro.

Flash your 3D Prophet 9800 into a 9800 Pro
      WARNING! Read this article carefully if you are seriously considering this option.

Comment

is modding the 9800 into a pro a good idea in your opinion? ill probably just buy the pro to be safe, but whats your input on the mod idea? thanks for the reply though

Comment

Reflashing is perfectly safe. I did it with my 9700 along with a few mods and it's running along at a subtle 450mhz core :)

Comment

If you get a non pro card make sure it uses the fast memory like the Pros. Otherwise if you buy one where they skimped out and used cheap memory it wont be as good of an overclocker or performer.

Comment

dude281: Personally I would buy the 9800 Pro, but I wanted you to be aware there was an option.

Comment

yeah im just gonna get the hercules pro. thanks guys

Comment

Wanna sell me your 5600 then?

Comment

yeah but i wont get the new card until novemberish, and by then ill probably buy an XT. so yeah come novemberish ill be looking to sell the 5600

Comment

Working...
                    X