New Video Card Problems???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Video Card Problems???

OK my specs to my system are below if you need any info about it, but I seem to be having a bluscreen error come up in win xp whenever I try to use my new Chaintech FX 5600 Ultra 256 mb video card!(fx-60 model) I went out and bought a cheapo vid card to see if it was the motherboard AGP slot that was doing this, but it is working just fine with the cheap card I currently use. (SiS 4x 64 mb SDRAM AGP card) The only thing I can think of is the drivers, but I downloaded the LATEST detonator drivers from Nvidia! Does anybody know what could be causing this?? I have revision 2.0 BIOS for the ASUS A7N8X Deluxe that came on it! Here is a link to my bluescreen error http://209.103.215.76/forum/forum_po...370&KW=webe123 You can just post your answers here. ANY help you can give would be appreciated greatly! Thanks! (By the way, this happens when I just use win xp programs, surf the net, play games or whatever, it just happens randomly....the machine goes along fine..... then it crashes! But since I have used this cheapo card I have not had this happen......I am beginning to wonder if the fx drivers don't like win xp or WHAT the deal is!) By the way....I thought I posted about this here before but can't seem to find a thread by me on this....mabye it was another forum I am thinking of! (by the way, I DID reinstall the latest drivers from nvidia as the person in the post suggested....NO CHANGE!)
    Here are my specs:
    System Specs: ATX generic case with Antec 550 watt power supply. ASUS A7N8X Deluxe Motherboard. Western Digital 7,200 RPM 40 gig IDE Hard Drive.(NTFS- file system) AMD Athlon XP 2600 processor.(standard fan and heatsink-Thoroughbred Core-standard speed-NO OVERCLOCK) 1 gig of Samsung DDRAM(PC 2700- 333 mhz....2-512mb sticks running in dual channel mode).Ati Radeon 8x 9600 XT (8x is enabled on motherboard). Soundblaster Audigy 2 sound card. Motorola sb 5100 cable modem (Insight Communications-Cable Connection) BenQ 16x DVD- RECORDER.(records -R/-RW or +R/+RW and CD-R formats) LG 52x32x52 CD Burner. Zip 100 internal drive and a generic 3.5 floppy drive. Windows XP Professional Operating System. I also have a HP Deskjet 3520 inkjet printer and a KDS X Flat 17 inch CRT monitor.

First up did ya dump the old drivers and all registry enteries associated with them? :?:

Comment

OK, I have heard that those would cause problems, So this is what I did, I downloaded the newest nvidia detonator drivers and burned them to a cd, then I reformatted my drive reloaded win xp pro and put JUST THOSE ON! NOT the ones on the CD that came with my card...as it had older drivers on it! So yes, I had the newest drivers on a clean install! (I don't have them on now as I am using that cheapo card to find out whatr the problem is and it uses different drivers!)
      Here are my specs:
      System Specs: ATX generic case with Antec 550 watt power supply. ASUS A7N8X Deluxe Motherboard. Western Digital 7,200 RPM 40 gig IDE Hard Drive.(NTFS- file system) AMD Athlon XP 2600 processor.(standard fan and heatsink-Thoroughbred Core-standard speed-NO OVERCLOCK) 1 gig of Samsung DDRAM(PC 2700- 333 mhz....2-512mb sticks running in dual channel mode).Ati Radeon 8x 9600 XT (8x is enabled on motherboard). Soundblaster Audigy 2 sound card. Motorola sb 5100 cable modem (Insight Communications-Cable Connection) BenQ 16x DVD- RECORDER.(records -R/-RW or +R/+RW and CD-R formats) LG 52x32x52 CD Burner. Zip 100 internal drive and a generic 3.5 floppy drive. Windows XP Professional Operating System. I also have a HP Deskjet 3520 inkjet printer and a KDS X Flat 17 inch CRT monitor.

Comment

Does anybody know what is going on?? Like I said, I had the latest drivers installed on a clean formatted drive with win xp freshly installed!
        Here are my specs:

Comment

Can you find another PC to test the video card in? Problem may have nothing to do with your system. Could be that the card itself is faulty.
          Antec 900 case (4 120mm and 1 200mm lighted fans + UFO flashing light set + 2 12" and 1 6" Mutant Mods meteor lights) - Aerogate ll thermal controller - Asus M2N-e SLI - AMD 64 X2 AM2 6400+ - Corsair TX650 PSU - MSI 450GTS Cyclone OC - 2 X 2GB Patriot Extreme Performance PC2 6400 RAM - SATA 320 GB Seagate HD, SATA 300GB Maxtor HD and IDE 80 GB Samsung HD - Floppy Drive/Card Reader Combo - LG SuperMulti Lightscribe 18x DVD RW - Plextor PX-716A DVD r/rw - Windows 7 Home Premium 64

Crude but Effective ... it is a way of life.

Comment

Yeah, that was what I was afraid of! I thought it might be that, but was hoping it would be different! No, I don't have another system, but I havew a friend I could ask.....I have went ahead and ordered a new Ti 4200 8x 128mb card from ebay and it will be here tomorrow, I may have to end up selling the fx card I have if I can't get it to act properly!
            Here are my specs:

Comment

try updating your motherboard bios, i had the similar problem...

i used to have a old SDRAM motherboard with a radeon9000, when i got the a7n8x deluxe, all of a sudden, LOTS of game crashing.

i run bios version 1005 and have never had a problem since.

:thumb:

Comment

I have some guys comming over today to install my new WD Raptor hard drive. I guess I can get them to flash the BIOS since I have never done it before.......
                Here are my specs:

Comment

Working...
                X