gfx upgrade?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gfx upgrade?

i was wondering what kinda upgrade i wud need to play games at 1024x768. i have 1.6 ghz p4, 512 mb pc133, and a gf3 ti. am i gonna need 2 upgrade everything:S. oh and what is the point of having 400 fps when the monitor refreshes at about 75 times a second? is there any difference? thanks in advance

im looking to play cs, bf1942, and hl 2

any FPS above about 75 FPS is a waste IMO... you wont be able to tell much if any difference

HL2 is going to be the hardest on your system, so if it can handle that, it will be able to easily handle BF42 and CS. My rig can handle BF42 at 1024x768@85 with all ingame visual and sounds setting maxed (but I do have my vid card OC)

It will also be able to play HL2, but I'm affraid that at 1024x768 I'll have to keep the eye candy fairly low

If you've got the money, I'd recomend an ATi 9800 pro, Athlon XP 2600+, at least 512 DDR333 in dual channel(1 gig would be better), nforce2 mobo,...

if you want to get the host out of HL2 you are giong to want a high end dx9 graphics card, but you're also going to need a better cpu and memory for smooth gameplay

Comment

k well thank you, but unfortunately the budget dnt stretch to all that lovely stuff. when i con my dad into buying new parts, ill probs get a 2.4c p4 and dc memory on a 865.

thanks neway

Comment

Originally posted by 9956
        k well thank you, but unfortunately the budget dnt stretch to all that lovely stuff. when i con my dad into buying new parts, ill probs get a 2.4c p4 and dc memory on a 865.

thanks neway
        Excellent choice :thumb:.

BTW if you expect to barely be able to play HL2 don't plan on even trying Doom 3 :smokin:.

Comment

Working...
        X