Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Radeon 9600 Pro Problems

Hi Everyone,

I've recently upgraded from a Geforce 4 to a Radeon 9600 Pro video card. I'm occasionally getting a blank screen when booting up the PC (monitor light will go from green to orange (standby)) via the DVI port. I'm unsure if this is to do with the operating system (Win XP) or the hardware itself. I sometimes don't even see the Windows XP logo when it first boots up, and goes straight into the logon screen. I'm already using the latest ATI drivers, and have flashed the BIOS on my motherboard.

If someone could shed a light with me, that would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Johnny.

Did you remove the nVidia card from the system (through device manager) and then uninstall the drivers before switching to the ATI based card? If not, then you could be suffering from some minor effects due to the conflicting video drivers.
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Comment

Yes, I have. I know there is nothing wrong with the video card because it still powers on. Anything else I can try?

Comment

What about the monitor-v-card cord? Could that have anything to do with it? Also....does the problem only occur at boot? Maybe the AGP slot?

Comment

The problem only occurs at bootup. I have refitted the video card to make sure it's properly inserted in the AGP slot. When Windows XP finishes loading up, the monitor goes blank, saying no signal. I would then either need to switch it off, and back on again or restart the machine.

Comment

i have a radeon 9000 pci card from hercules and sometimes it doesnt show anything and wont even boot, dunno whats wrong, i just hit power button off then on again, usually boots

Comment

Hi,

I like to thank everyone who tried to help out on this. I had to reinstall Windows, and is working like a dream now.

Somehow, Radeon drivers doesn't like PC that had nVidia cards beforehand (although I did uninstall the drivers first before plugging in the Radeon card).

Thanks again.

Cheers,

Johnny.

Comment

Curious, what GF 4 card did you replace?

Comment

Just a Leadtek Geforce 4 MX440 (64mb)

Comment

Working...
                  X