de-shiming radeon 9700pro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• de-shiming radeon 9700pro

after my frustrating experiece with trying to o/c my radeon9700 pro with the stock cooler (obviously not making good contact, since it never gets really hot).

I wonder if its time to attempt to de-shim it. Can anyone here give me a detailed description of how to safely dem-shim a radeon? Also do i need any chemicals to clean off the thermal gloop? Mine is a Powercolour "evil master 2".

I do not wanto attempt this unless i have a good idea what to expect along the way.:cheers:

surely someone here has had the experience of deshiming a radeon??:cry:

Comment

Sorry but I've never had the $'s to waste on a R9700P let alone remove the HS. :shrug:

Comment

well ive been told that using a razor blade is quite a safe and easy method...still the thought of cutting into my radeon9700pro is scary:( although im sure i would reap the benefits if i did do it...hmm cant decide whther its worth the risk:bounce:

Comment

Not to upset ya but I had enough probs in the past with the Powercolour brand in the nVidia based line to leave them well enough alone as they seemed to scimp heavily on the original spec's.

Comment

You may want to apply thicker layer of Arctic silver ceramique --better than as3, see:

that is if you have succeeded taking off the heat sink. :)

Comment

wat kind of interface material does it use? is it just white goop or is it domething much harder to clean off?:cheers:

Comment

Working...
              X