No announcement yet.

9700pro - artefacts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well i tried changing the AGP aperture to 64mb instead of 128mb and it works fine now:) One thing though...u mention that u ran RTHDRIBL @1600x1200..but i cant find any option to to increase the resolution beyond the 640x480 default - even at this crappy resolution it looks druelworthy:afro:

Also, it gives the option of different multisampling...all the way from 2x to 16x. Is this antialiasing?

Comment

never mind i found out how to increase the res:cheers:

Comment

Jump into the BIOS if ya already havn't and lock the AGP bus at 66MHz instead of Auto (this also locks the PCI bus at 33MHz).

Comment

i already did that wiggo:D . ITs very strange that changing the aperture size could make the difference between it hanging or not hanging. Hmm well as long as its stable now:afro:

Seeing as wiggo the hardware man is here ill ask another question. Is better northbridge cooling likely to allow me to put my fsb higher than 210? I realise 210 is alrdy quite good for a rev 1.1 8RDA+ but more fsb cant hurt...then again maybe my corsairxms3200 will be stretched a bit too far

Comment

I've had no problems with the northbridges overheatin' but then I use those UNEEC clone cases that have heaps of airflow.

BTW have ya got fast writes disabled? :?:

Comment

fast write is on..should i disable it? i dont think if had any problems with it
              :bounce:

Comment

hmm i dont think ive had any problems with it...can it effect overlocking? my AGP is locked at 66 so ive never tried disabling it.:bounce:

Comment

lol oops posted 2 by accident...the first reply didnt show so i did anothe rone..oh well they mean roughly the same thing:D

Comment

Turn off Fast Writes for max stability. Has no effect on performance in reality, only serves to destabilize graphics, especially when overclocked. Your AGP bus should be locked to 66Mhz as well. AGP Aperture = 128MB is optimal, although setting it to 64MB shouldn't make any difference anyway (strange!). USWC=Off (if you have it). That should be the most stable setup without any performance drop.
                    My Machine

Comment

ok tanx for the advice:)
                      my core @360 seems perfectly happy in RTHDRIBL..pefectly stable and no artefacts. so i guess those tiny artefacts in the DOT3 test in 3dmark 2001 is nothing to worry about?

Also, from memory its the RAM that produces the artefacts not the core? I remember with my ti 500 and ti4600 wen the core was clocked too high it would simply crash after a while.:cheers:

Comment

Originally posted by chisholm
                        Also, from memory its the RAM that produces the artefacts not the core?
                        From memory and the fact that I said it in the previous page of this thread :) Yes, the RAM is more likely to cause artifacting, often because the RAM doesn't get much additional cooling while the core has a HS&F on it usually. Also graphical glitches, artifacts, texture corruption etc are RAM-related.
                        My Machine

Comment

well wit hmu core @360 some tests in 3dmark 2003 artefact liek craz..especially batlle fo proxycon...so i think ill abondon my o/c attempts until i deshim the radeon.

Comment

Comment

Well for starters is the card overclocked? Im not gonna pretend im an expert with video cards but sounds like a software problem..maybe incompatiblities with something? Ill leave it to the experts to solve your problem however:cheers:

Comment

No, not really, the AGP and PCI frequency is still 33/67, but the voltage of the AGP and DIMM are adjusted to 0.1 volt. thats all!
                                Any idea?

Thanks in Advance man!

Comment

Working...
                                X