Vid Card for Asus A7N8X Deluxe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vid Card for Asus A7N8X Deluxe

I was just wondering if anyone has had any compatibility issues with an ATI video card and an nForce2 mobo. I'm building my first computer and will use the A7N8X deluxe and haven't decided video yet. I've been leaning towards an nVidia card, but I just want to know if any issues exist using an ATI card. Thanks.

nope, no issues using an ATi card on an nforce2 board

there is a lot of nforce2/ati 9700 or 9800 combos out there ;)

Comment

Comment

well , I am using A7N8X-X , and 9600 pro , same problem have here , it will auto reboot when I lauch Tony Hawk's proskater 3

and the performance on need for speed is not very good as well
        I think there may be some conflict or something here with Nvdia and Ati

Comment

Well no there isn't any problems running a Ati/Nforce2 combination, however you are taking a bigger "risk" going for Ati than Nvidia due to software compability reasons. This however are getting less and less of a problem nowadays and will most likely be totally solved in the future, hovewer we are not there yet and most people with ^^video card problems^^ are using those ATI products, not many can deny that fact. So it's really only up to you and how lucky you feel. But don't get me wrong most of those combinations works & perform great..!

You can always do a google and read more on the topic.
          It's always good to read up on the hardware you are about to buy.. ;)

I hope things works out to the best for ya.. :)

Comment

Originally posted by bigbro
            well , I am using A7N8X-X , and 9600 pro , same problem have here , it will auto reboot when I lauch Tony Hawk's proskater 3

and the performance on need for speed is not very good as well
            I think there may be some conflict or something here with Nvdia and Ati
            that happened to me, nearly all games used to lock up or reboot...for no apparent reason...- HL mods, battlefield 1942, etm, u name it.

just go to the asus website, download the latest BIOS for your mobo and it should be sweet hopefully. That did the trick for me.

Comment

Working...
            X