Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I think I've decided to go with Asus this time.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think I've decided to go with Asus this time.

NVIDIA's new patent pending shadow volume acceleration technology, significantly enhances the performance for the latest engines such as Doom 3 and Abducted. The Intellisample HCT (Hi-resolution Compression Technology), as well as its new anisotropic algorithms, brings 50% efficiency improvement in texture, color, and Z compression than previous solutions, automatically providing a boost to antialiasing.. :lips: :D

The Asus cards have finally been listed on the site were I shop, It will take a little longer though before they have it in stock here in Sweden.. :(

I'm assuming it's a GF FX 5900 Ultra?

Comment

Yes it is and with 256Mb as ya probably know.

Btw any idea when 9900 pro will show up as it could be a good alternative? Dunno the core name.. :shrug:

Comment

Core is R360 I believe. Supposedly due July/August (prob late August by the time it's available in sufficient volumes).
        My Machine

Comment

I see, It has higher gpu/mem speed than the 9800 I assume, something else new they may have added..:?:

Btw I've seen people on the web which got their 5900 Ultras to over 500 Mhz gpu which must be quite good. (450 is stock)

Comment

The_tweaker: When the various manufacturers originally announced their FX 5900 Ultra boards, they all featured different cooling solutions. But this has not been the case with the retail cards, so far they've all been fitted with Nvidia's reference cooler. I've used MSI as an example (see attachment), but the same goes for, Aopen, BFG, eVGA and Gainward. One reason for this could be that Nvidia is again controlling the manufacture of the FX 5900 Ultra, as it did with the FX 5800 Ultra.

Comment

The_tweaker: The R360 will feature an increased core/memory clock. Memory could be either DDR/DDR2 and 128/256mb, it's basically being released to keep the FX 5900 honest until the R420 comes along early next year. Nvidia will also be releasing a slightly faster FX 5900 Ultra later this year (500MHz core) in reply to the R360. Expect to see the R360 around August/September.

Comment

Originally posted by weta
                Nvidia will also be releasing a slightly faster FX 5900 Ultra later this year (500MHz core) in reply to the R360. Expect to see the R360 around August/September.
                Ok, thx for that info weta. I guess that faster Fx chip won't show up until late this fall then.. But it sure would be sweet! Just imagine that card, same speed as the 5800 ultra but with an 256 Bit interface..! That's insane!! :lips: :D

Maybe it could oc to 550.. :eek:

Comment

Working...
                X