No announcement yet.

Need help picking a video card to finish up system! Help ple

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have an AIW 9700Pro and never regreted paying the extra money for the TV tuner features. The AIW TV tuner is amazing since it's integrated into your card and basically turns your PC into a first rate entertainment system that can do things other TV or video solutions can't.

It also has HDTV output to plug directly into an HDTV. This would allow you not only to output your TV and video to a high def TV but also to use it as a monitor! Play 1942 on a 42" plasma screen!! :D

The other nice and often overlooked feature of the AIW is the fact that the TV tuner and capture device is analogue. All you need to capture digital video is a 1394 card which is pretty standard on today's systems but capturing analogue has always been trickier and the AIW does it very well. There are certain advantages to being able to capture and convert analogue to digital in real time since it circumvents virtually every piracy protection scheme ever thought of. While I don't condone piracy it can be very useful. The AIW cards can also send digital video back to an analogue device such as a VCR.

There are many different products that can do all this but the great thing about the AIW cards is that a single card with a single set of drivers can do all of it while working as your video card too.

Comment

Thanks guys for all the help.

I think I will go with the 9700AIWPRO, just not right now.
      I can edit my digital video from my dig. camcorder via the 1394 and a plethora of video editing software I have now. I haven't run into a problem yet.
      About the other "bells", I can wait till the price drops. It will be easier then to justify the costs.

For now I am going to go with a Ti4800 or the like.

I just don't know what brand I should get. If you guys could suggest some, I would appreciate it.

I am looking at the MSI, Gainward, and Asus cards right now.
      I am going to put a Zalman cooler on it, so the cooling doesn't matter, unless you guys suggest leaving whatever card with the current cooling on there.
      They are all in the $130-170 range.
      I would appreciate any suggestions.
      Thanks again with this pain in my a$$ of finding a good card. Video personally has always been hard for me to pick.
      I have dialed in so many systems and setup the right parts aestetically, colors, cases and all. This system is going to beat them all with the 3 windows, black lights, UV fans, UV/silver braid round cables, blue CC (to add a little more), the modded PSU with sleeved UV blue cables-heatshrink ect. I have put together a SWEET system, this is BY FAR the best looking system I have made to date.
      YET, I still can't decide on a video card?!?!?!
      I have enough money into it now though, I want to wait on the AIW. (Keeps the wife at bay too-honey I bought a cheaper card to save some $-yeah sure!!!)

Any suggestions?

Chez

I need to get it in the next day or so, so I can start building this thing and get to "moddin'" the OS ;)
      I just got my 19" Cornea LCD today. WOW is all I can say. With the silver accenting to the Video display once I hooked it up, to the BIG size of it, it BLEW me away. I can't wait to play a few games on it. I put a lot into picking a monitor, due to it "really" SHOWING your system, if you know what I mean. You work with it more than anything else, in my HO. So I was VERY pleased when I hooked it up today.
      I have never seen a better monitor yet.

ENOUGH WITH MY BOOK....on with buying a video card!!!

(thanks for dealing with my ambiguity on this!)

Comment

Working...
      X