Just picked up 9800 PRO 128

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just picked up 9800 PRO 128

hi, i just returned my 9700 Pro and paid $100 diff for a 9800 Pro 128, i am haveing the same prob i had with my 9700, 3dmark 2001 shuts down like 1/16th of the way into benchmarking, i fixed this prob when i had my 9700pro, but i forgot how..if any of you can help me with this i would greatly appreciate it.

are u overcloekd at all, either your video card or cpu?

Comment

reinstalled drivers? dx9.0a?(first dx9 then drivers:P).

Comment

My CPU is overclocked about 400 MgHz, i have a xp 3000+ chip and stock it's 2.16 Gig or something like that, but i have it at 2.2 now. i also had the same bios with the 9700 PRO and it made no diff. i keep trying to remember how i fixed that damn thing...crap..hehe, thx for trying to help, if you guys have any other suggestions they are greatly appreciated

Comment

Definately make sure DX9a is installed and then make sure that you install the vid card drivers exactly in accordance with the manufacturers instructions. Remove your old drivers first.

What exactly is happenning? Are you seeing artifacts on screen prior to shutdown? Does Windows crash too or does 3DMark just quit and take you to the desktop? Does Windows crash too? Does your computer reboot? All that would be helpful to provide suggestions.

Comment

um..thx for replying, first of all 3dmark does just quit and goes to desktop, the first game test works, second makes it quit, if i try to make it skip the second test, then it just restarts windows. no, the games are actually fine, but preformance just seems a little short of what i expected from a $400 dollar videocard...

Comment

Working...
            X