• 9700pro Issues

:mad:
    my system consists of
    9700Pro 128MB 8x
    Soyo KT400 Dragon Ultra (Black Edition)
    2500 AMD
    512 DDR Ram
    Windows XP Professional

I keep getting lines everywhere, I try to play Neverwinter Nights and all I get is a messed up looking screen, not to mention lines everywhere, help someone? by the way, I am using the latest catalyst which is 3.5

underclock the video card :p

Comment

I am having sort of the same problem, it's giving me pretty poor prefomance on almost all my games, including BF1942 even when i have all my setting to the very LOW, Counter-Strike <--- i get about 60 fps max...that's not right is it? if the problem is underclocking, how do i do it, if it's not then plz help me out and tell me what i need to do. oh ,and I downloaded postal 2 the other day, it ran really crappy, i thought this card would be amazing, but from what i see, my G-Force 4 440 64meg worked better...what am i doing wrong? I do have all the Newest drivers for games and for 9700 PRO

System Specs:
      Nforce2 a7N8X Motherboard
      XP3000 Chip
      9700 PRO
      1.00 GiG 2700 DDR RAM
      XP Pro edition

Comment

Originally posted by claudmasta34

System Specs:
        Nforce2 a7N8X Motherboard
        XP3000 Chip
        9700 PRO
        1.00 GiG 2700 DDR RAM
        XP Pro edition

My GOODNESS, what a great Sys you got there!!!!!!:wow:

Well......Both of you, try uninstalling ALL the Video drivers you got, and only THEN, install the last Catalyst`s drivers.

That should do the trick ;)

Comment

Yes you guy's should try Ricky1810 advice as my XP1800+, 8RDA+ and GF4 Ti4200 does better but then so does a couple of my lesser systems (not to mention my better ones still with the same GF4 Ti 4200 cards). Do ya's have the AGP aperture settings at 128MB?

Comment

i have my apeture size at 256, i think that works best, someone told me to change it to that so i, but really, i don't see much of a diff.

Comment

NM about that 256 aperture size, i have just been informed that it should not be greater than that of your memory size on your video card. so i'm gonna change mine back to 128, but still, i never see a damn difference...god this stuff pisses me off. i'm just now going to try doing what ricky said, hopefully i'll get some results, or maybe i'll just go buy 9800 PRO, i get it discounted, i work at circiut city..hehe. and i'm still dumb about this stuff

Comment

I had a 9700Pro go bad like that and I sent it back under warranty and they replaced it.

ATi said they could find nothing wrong with it but I had tested the old one in two separate systems and the new one worked perfectly. Maybe they reconditioned my old one and put it back on the market and you bought it! :D

Comment

Working...
                X