MSI GeForce4 Ti4600 Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MSI GeForce4 Ti4600 Help

i have recently gotten a MSI GeForce4 Ti4600 i added thermaltake ramsink and hsf cooling unit. it booted up fine and then after 30 mins or so afterwards the screen comes p with color blocks and so i restarted it got worst. i waited 1 hr after it was fine but the icon colors are inverted and after 5 mins of using it the color blocks comes back on and the whole screen is a mess again. what should i do is it a software or bios problem? is it a hardware issue or a driver issue? how can i fix this so it runs smoothly with out color blocks or inverted icon colors. Please HELP!!!!!

This is usually the sign of a failin' GPU so did ya use thermal transfer grease? If so what type and how much? While we're at it what did ya use to stick the ramsinks on with? And finally have ya overclocked it? :?:

Comment

yeah i put on some antec artic silver like a few drops like a domino the 5 dots. i used the sticky stuff that came with the ramsinks. no i didn't overclock it. i pulled the ramsinks off and the sticky stuff isn't sticky u know where i can get some or can i jus use double stick tape?

Comment

No ya can't as it's a special heat transfer tape but Arctic Silver does come in an epoxy form plus not fully coverin' the upper surface of the GPU with grease you'll have likely left areas with no contact at all and these areas are heatin' up and causin' what ya see.

Comment

where can i get some of this heat transfer tape? or artic silver epoxy?

Comment

Working...
          X