driver updates on mobile radeon 9000

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• driver updates on mobile radeon 9000

i wanna update my radeon 9000 drivers to the new catalyst 3.5. I have a mobile comp though w/ that chip. will i be able to update the the drivers liek and normal desktop or do i need some special laptop edition of the drivers?

Originally posted by bmm0324
    i wanna update my radeon 9000 drivers to the new catalyst 3.5. I have a mobile comp though w/ that chip. will i be able to update the the drivers liek and normal desktop or do i need some special laptop edition of the drivers?
    I have a laptop with onboard Radeon 7500 graphics and since the early driver versions the mobility cards now use different drivers from the desktops. your best bet is to find a laptop from a major manufacturer that has the same video card as you do and use their drivers. I use IBM's drivers from the thinkpads but they're only catalyst 3.2's

you'll likely have to wait awhile for notebook vendors to certify them on their hardware.

Comment

you know what this page i just found on google has them..

but i can't verify if they work or not..

Comment

Thanks alot man, thats a great help

Comment

Originally posted by bmm0324
          Thanks alot man, thats a great help
          i realized its an old post but the drivers from that site worked on my ati mobility radeon 7500 laptop.. the ones from dell's site worked.. the ones from HP's site forced me to reboot into safe mode and roll back to my last system restore point.

Comment

Working...
          X